Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #66 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
Default The thoughts of CATCHING UP is hurting my head. So this will do. Sorryyyyyyyyy >_<
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: speech, elf, PLANT! madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Yes, of course," Annie practically BEAMED under Harold's compliments. She was certainly looking forward to a raise... just think of all the shoes vacations the extra galleons could buy... "I have a friend at the Prophet, did you know?" But more on that later. Now was the time for the speech, so that the feast could FINALLY start. She'd just have to catch Max up on what he was missing later.

-----------

Annie stood and tapped her wand on her goblet, sending a clear ringing sound throughout the hall. She waited for absolute silence and, once she had it, began the traditional start-of-term feast.

"Greetings, students, professors, and visitors. Welcome to, or back to, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am your new Headmistress, Anastasia Truebridge." The Headmistress flashed a brilliant smile at all the eyes focused on her.

"This year, as you have surely noticed, brings a great many changes to Hogwarts. We have new staff members in our midst, myself included; new students, and new student leaders as well. Please welcome your peers with open hearts and allow me to take a moment to welcome our esteemed guests back to Hogwarts."

She looked to the Board, who knew to stand when their names were called. "Joining us at the feast tonight is the Hogwarts Board of Governors. Board President and former Headmistress Cassandra Rae-Branxton; Board Vice President and former Professor Anjelica Lainey; Board Secretary and Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magica Ian Amoroso; and Board Treasurer and Three Broomsticks Owner Harold Lagerty. Please welcome these wonderful guests, who make the funding and running of Hogwarts a possibility, with a round of applause."

Anastasia waited for the students to greet the board appropriately and, in the meantime, snagged a drink of water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezley View Post
When the plant shifted again, Beezley knew they were at the big table now. She knew, because she'd been in this place so, so many times. Elfsies knew their way around places where food was served. Yes, they did.

Now to give the big, scary, leafy plant to Missus Truebridge. Beezley could hear talking, and Beezley didn't want to interrupt. Missus Truebridge seemed as scary as fire, she did. Fire, just like her bright, red hair.

The elf cleared her throat as she stopped in front of the big table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
The Elfsies had done it, they did what the red haired lady told them too! They did so good Toddles wanted to run around the room and dance like he loved to do. Big pink plant was still on his head.

No one spoke, not Pips, not Nimma, not Beezley, no one. So Toddles did.

"SPECIAL DEWIVERY!!!" There, that was that. Head lady wasn't still talking was she?

Now the plant was getting heavy and giving Toddles a headache so the baby elfsie snuck out from underneath it without the other elfsies seeing him and scurried under the table to look at all the pretty shoes. Toddles was told he couldn't wear shoes but his feet got cold, they did.

One in particular caught his attention they were VERY wet. Yucky. Toddle looked at them and slowly climbed up one tall leg and then the other. Suddenly his baby elf head popped up over the table as he SAT IN PROFESSOR LAINEY'S LAP.

"You're all wet Misses, want Toddles to help?" he slooooowly raied part of his pillowcase and wiped her cheek ever-so-gently-like. Big baby House Elf eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pips View Post
Pips stopped in front of Beezley, cleared his throat as well, hushed Toddles, and began to speak. "Headmistress with Red Hair, the elvsies is bringing you big pink plant in big pink pot with big pink bow and big pink tag with Headmistress' name on it," he said, hiccuping nervously and pushing the plant in the lady's direction. "I is Pips and these is Beezley and Toddles and Nimma and Tippin. The elvsies is late and we is sorry. We is ironing our ears extra hard tonight, we is."

Hiccup.

"Is Headmistress with red Hair upset with the elvsies?" He asked, going into a hiccuping fit. He looked up at the big hoomans at the table and hiccuped several more times. "We is very sorry. We hope Headmistress with Red Hair is forgiving us."

.. And where had Toddles gone?! Into a mistress' LAP?!

"Toddles! Toddles mustn't bother the Mistress or Pips and Nimma is taking away Toddles' snack, they is!" he warned sternly. "Pips says toddles must get off Mistress now!"
Quote:
Anastasia had just set her water goblet down and was about to continue her speech when... lo and behold, an interruption to end all interruptions arrived.

House Elves.... what would she do without them?

"Evening, Toddles, Pips.... Beezley...." The redhead's smile seemed to be straining at the edges of her lips, but she dropped her voice in order to speak to the elves anyway. "Is there a reason that this plant needed to be delivered right this instant? In the middle of my speech?"

Notice that she did not answer poor Pip's question about how upset she was....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pips View Post
"Good Evening, Headmistress with Red Hair," Pips greeted the lady politely, inclining his head in a small bow, stepping back a teensy bit away from her and the large plant. It was still scary. But it wasn't theirs anymore, thank Merlin. "Oh. Is the elvsies interrupting something? The elvsies is having no idea. We is sorry, Headmistress with Red Hair. We is sorry you is upset." He looked at Toddles, who was still in the Mistress' lap, sternly, and turned back to the Headmistress. "Is you wanting us to leave?"

They could leave. They could go and iron their ears. But Toddles was no longer getting his treat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezley View Post

Beezley knew that voice! That voice was the onw beezley had worked for since as far back as she could remember. "Missus," Beezley said, poking her head out from behing the leaves and giving the woman a wide smile. "Beezley has missed Missus, and Beezley thanks Missus for her offer. Elfsies have big plant, though. Elfsies have to give plant to her." Beezley's wide eyes traveled to the woman with the flaming hair.

Beezley ducked back behind the leafsies, getting a mouth full of the plant. Beezley would talk to this Missus from behind the plant, yes she would. "Elfsies have job. Elfsies do job quickly, but...does Missus want us to go? What does Missus want done with big, scary plant?" she asked. Maybe she would let them just sit it down and go. Beezley's little elfish body couldn't carry the plant all the way back to where it'd come from. No, no, no.
Quote:

Annie had to admit, the way the elves addressed her was amusing. Weren't they so much sweeter now that they worked for her? She would have brought Pinky along to work with them too, had it not been for the fact that he needed to be taking care of her boys back home.

But anyway, they were still being interruptive. They were naive and unaware of the going-ons of the feast, but.... they couldn't just stay here and listen, could they? Anastasia glanced toward the people at her table and noted that the adorable baby elf had crawled up to Lainey's lap and was currently drying off her face.

Awwwwwwwwwwww. Well why not. They should stay, if only to provide amusement for dinner. "No no, Pips, don't be sorry. Thank you for the plant." Her smile came back and she gestured for the elf to deliver the plant up to the table where Cassandra had indicated it could go.

"Scary plant?" Annie echoed the little pink elf who'd just spoken to Cassandra. "It's not scar--- know what, Beezley, I'll just take that off your hands, mmkay? You and Pips can sit on the edge of the dais, if you'd like, and I'll come visit with you once I finish my speech. Will that be okay?"

She would have invited them to sit with the students, but that wouldn't really be proper, having elves at the table and all. So instead, Annie flicked her wand into her hand and quickly levitated the plant away from the elves' tired arms and onto her side of the table. She settled the plant into a spot near her chair, but no so close that it would get knocked off if somebody scooted back, and then continued on with her speech. Better finish it before something ELSE happened this evening.

"Now then, warm welcomes aside, I have a few start-of-term notices to give out. First, I'd like to thank everyone for their cooperation during the... train incident earlier." Anastasia's speech and expression took on a serious, authoritative tone. "Such an abnormality occurs only once a blue moon, and I assure you, students and staff, that no more abnormalities will occur under my watch and tenure as the Head of Hogwarts. I will do my personal best to ensure the safety and education of all students at Hogwarts remains protected at all times. You should all always feel safe and welcome at Hogwarts while you call it your home, and even after you graduate and find yourself a new home.

"Second, I plan to work closely with the Board of Governors in a more symbiotic relationship than prior history dictates, and I also plan to make some changes around Hogwarts that will hopefully benefit all who are effected by this esteemed school of magic." She smiled congenially, confidently at this part and raised her hands in an open arms gesture. "And finally, with all that has been said and done this evening, I would like to invite you to dig in to the feast that has been painstakingly prepared for us by the wonderful Hogwarts House Elves. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns for me, please come to my suite on the second floor after the feast."

There. Now they could eat, for as Headmistress Truebridge lifted her hands, the food Pips, Beezley, Toddles, and the other elves had prepared magically appeared on all five of the Great Hall tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella Vinora View Post
As the Umbrella Vinora was lifted from the arms of the small creatures to beside the newly appointed Headmistress, the plant shifted a bit more. It's long, green tendrils began to sway to and fro, as if dancing to a light melody unheard by others.

Seren had been lost in her own little universe, pruning away at her thoughts with excessive force, only to be brought back to reality just in time for the new Headmistresses speech.

She wasn't going to beat around the bush about it, quite frankly the sudden presence of the Board of Governors made her feel uncomfortable. But perhaps that was just her being silly, letting nerves get to her. Maybe...

Raising her juice to her lips, she took a small sip before setting it back down. The arrival of the house elves... including Toddles whom still hadn't offered her a personal apology for burning down her research shed... was a fun distraction, especially considering what they were distracting them all with. A PLANT!

It was official. Seren Benltey ENVIED Anastasia Truebridge. Sure she'd had her fair share of gifts in the form of plants, but she'd never had one of THOSE before. A part of her was itching to get her fingers on the petals!... it must feel like heaven, it certainly looked heavenly.

But alas.... back to the speech.

A small crease appeared on her forehead. Firstly, the woman was insane for thinking things at Hogwarts could be normal... that just didn't happen. The place was cursedinteresting. And secondly plan to make some changes around Hogwarts that will hopefully benefit all who are effected ...just sounded dreadful. Hopefully the Herbology budget wouldn't be cut.

SPOILER!!: Captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanficfanatict View Post
As the new headmistress spoke, Selina made sure to tune into everything that she was saying. The redheaded lady's speech was well spoken, to the point and very nice although Selina would be lying if she did not sincerely miss the don't die advice at the end. Ah well, she knew that rule by heart now anyway. But once the lady finished her speech, Selina figured it was good a time as any to finish out her work to find Mortimer.

Honestly, Selina needed to cover all of her bases if she was going to find her bat in time for Quidditch season... or for his daily night ritual of story time and cookies before bed. The stories were for Mortimer, the cookies were for Selina. Oh how she missed story time. Her bat had been missing for just over two months now and she was finding it increasingly more difficult to live life without her bundle of destruction joy. She just missed her bat so much.

So with a determined look on her face, because maybe one of these adults had seen Mortimer or knew where he was, she approached the staff table. Although, once she arrived she realized just how elevated the staff table was from the house tables. It was like the Professors either wanted to demonstrate some level of authority during meals or they were afraid that the students would turn rabid one day and the extra height would help them stay out of reach.

Clearing her head of such thoughts, she was on a specialized mission, she cleared her throat attempting to draw the professors attention to her. With a calculated and monotone voice, as if she were reciting a small, practiced speech which was relatively practiced, she said, "Hello! Bonjour! Salve, for our Latin speakers. My name is Selina Skylar for those of you who don't know me. First of all, I would like to take this time to say how excited I am to spend another term with all of you as professors. You all are gifted witches and wizards. So cheers to this term, but, erm, more importantly I would like to draw your attention to something very important- this..." She handed each of them a flyer.

"If any of you has seen this bat- please contact me at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your consideration and support. This is the best of causes..." Because what was better than reuniting a girl and her beater bat? THAT WAS THE QUESTION!

Oohh would you look at that. A familiar face. Seren smiled brightly at her Captain. Such an enthusiastic Lion, and such lovely manners too."Thank you Selina, I'll be sure to keep a look out for it."

Now... food.