Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #61 (permalink)
Marion Burbage
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Professor Marion Burbage
Default Oh goodness gracious hEAvens! So sorry to keep you waiting darlings
Goodness Gracious Heavens Above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Leo couldn’t help but smile broadly at the woman even though being called dear was something he only expected from his mother. "Oh really, what house were you sorted into? I was a Ravenclaw when I went here some time ago now." The memories.

Putting a hand to his head Leo apologized."Forgive my poor manners, Marion. I’m Leobald Kitridge, the school librarian. If you ever need a book I’d be more than happy to assist." Shaking her extended hand he asked "Are you the new Astronomy professor?"Or Comc professor or even groundskeeper? It was possible give the number of people who had left after last term.
Oh, what a charming smile the man had. Even if he haaaaaaaad but just the tiniest bit rude in hot introducing himself. "I was and will forever be a Hufflepuff, dear," she giggled almost girlishly, venturing a glance towards the Hufflepuff table. Oh, COULD she go down and visit after Annie gave her speech? Perhaps even sit down on the benches like she used to in her school days? Why, that simply would be maaaaaaaaaarvelous!

Forgive? She supposed she could do as such, so she nodded her head approvingly. "Leobald, siiiiiiiiiimply charmed to meet you!" Properly that is. "I am indeed. Afraid I may need to dust myself off a bit. Stretch these stargazing limbs of mine. It has been some time since I last worked properly."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMckay View Post
"Welcome to Hogwarts!" And then there was Hecate and Leo - people she knew and could perhaps have a conversation with. Although you never could tell with Hecate.
Oh! How charming! "Why thank you darling." Now...what had her name been? Hmmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"Nice to meet you madam." Ian said looking at the older lady.
"Charmed to meet you as well, dear," Marion replied with a graceful wave to show off her dazzling bracelet - a gift from her husband.

And then Annie gave her speech, or, hmmmm....perhaps Marion wasn't the only one forgetting things these days. Or was there some alphabetical list that came with the Headmistress' speech? She would have to ask Mr. Studmuffin later since he seemed to know all about that sort of thing. Hehe.

Marion's cobwebbed thoughts did not linger there for too long, however. She was already planning tea time with the lovely Divination professor. OH! Perhaps she could do a tea leaf reading for her! Just like back when she was in school. Ohohohohohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
"WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP!" One woop for her and Rae, and the rest for all that Headmistressy-speech-ness. Lainey air punched to get the WHOLE HALL WOOPING. EVERYONE NOW. WOOP FOR ALL THIS NEW STUFF AND tainted House Elf food.

...no? Okay.
Marion cleared her throat rather loudly at the horrid noise. Pardon? But who let a pack of wild animals into the Great Hall? And one of the Board of Governors nonetheless! Goodnees gracious HEAVENS above... no wonder some students at Hogwarts were showing poor manners.

She was sure Annie would set them straight. Mmmmhmmm.
SPOILER!!: oh, how lovely! Just like when I was a young girl! Hellooooooooo dears <33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezley View Post
When the plant shifted again, Beezley knew they were at the big table now. She knew, because she'd been in this place so, so many times. Elfsies knew their way around places where food was served. Yes, they did.

Now to give the big, scary, leafy plant to Missus Truebridge. Beezley could hear talking, and Beezley didn't want to interrupt. Missus Truebridge seemed as scary as fire, she did. Fire, just like her bright, red hair.

The elf cleared her throat as she stopped in front of the big table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddles View Post
The Elfsies had done it, they did what the red haired lady told them too! They did so good Toddles wanted to run around the room and dance like he loved to do. Big pink plant was still on his head.

No one spoke, not Pips, not Nimma, not Beezley, no one. So Toddles did.

"SPECIAL DEWIVERY!!!" There, that was that. Head lady wasn't still talking was she?

Now the plant was getting heavy and giving Toddles a headache so the baby elfsie snuck out from underneath it without the other elfsies seeing him and scurried under the table to look at all the pretty shoes. Toddles was told he couldn't wear shoes but his feet got cold, they did.

One in particular caught his attention they were VERY wet. Yucky. Toddle looked at them and slowly climbed up one tall leg and then the other. Suddenly his baby elf head popped up over the table as he SAT IN PROFESSOR LAINEY'S LAP.

"You're all wet Misses, want Toddles to help?" he slooooowly raied part of his pillowcase and wiped her cheek ever-so-gently-like. Big baby House Elf eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pips View Post
Pips stopped in front of Beezley, cleared his throat as well, hushed Toddles, and began to speak. "Headmistress with Red Hair, the elvsies is bringing you big pink plant in big pink pot with big pink bow and big pink tag with Headmistress' name on it," he said, hiccuping nervously and pushing the plant in the lady's direction. "I is Pips and these is Beezley and Toddles and Nimma and Tippin. The elvsies is late and we is sorry. We is ironing our ears extra hard tonight, we is."

Hiccup.

"Is Headmistress with red Hair upset with the elvsies?" He asked, going into a hiccuping fit. He looked up at the big hoomans at the table and hiccuped several more times. "We is very sorry. We hope Headmistress with Red Hair is forgiving us."

.. And where had Toddles gone?! Into a mistress' LAP?!

"Toddles! Toddles mustn't bother the Mistress or Pips and Nimma is taking away Toddles' snack, they is!" he warned sternly. "Pips says toddles must get off Mistress now!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Anastasia had just set her water goblet down and was about to continue her speech when... lo and behold, an interruption to end all interruptions arrived.

House Elves.... what would she do without them?

"Evening, Toddles, Pips.... Beezley...." The redhead's smile seemed to be straining at the edges of her lips, but she dropped her voice in order to speak to the elves anyway. "Is there a reason that this plant needed to be delivered right this instant? In the middle of my speech?"

Notice that she did not answer poor Pip's question about how upset she was....

Ooooooooooooh! Look at who had come to pay little Annie a visit. Oh now wasn't that simply chaaaarming. Look, they had even brought a gift. A PINK one at that. Marion much preferred more tame colors, but tame had never been in little Annie's handbook.

Look at that, the Hogwarts house elves loved their new Headmistress already.

"Oh, why aren't they siiiiiiiiiiiiimply adoooooooooooorable," the elderly astronomer exclaimed as she clapped her hands together in a polite golf clap. "I dooooooooo say that the Hogwarts elfsies are some of the most caring creatures I have ever met, besides my dear Henry that is."

Even IF it would have been more proper for them to have wait to deliver the tree. Just because one was a magical creature did not mean that protocol could be ignored. Nope nope nope.