Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #52 (permalink)
itsjustjesse
formerly: Optimist.Prime

DMLE & DMT
Fwooper

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Yarborough
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emerald Peridot "Dot" Ainsley
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

x10
HOLISTIC ACTRESS {X O} EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Anastasia's cat-like grin only widened as the Divination professor seemed to turn a shade of white usually only seen in ghosts. Heheh. She hadn't even said anything, had she? Was the woman so unsure in her "divine gifts" that she couldn't even take a joke?

"We'll chat later, I'm sure, Ms. Elwood." And the Bunz watched as the blonde scurried back to her seat like an admonished puppy.

Well well. Students just didn't get the memo about not approaching the staff table, did they?

"Looks like we'll need to work on intimidating the students more," the redhead loudly commented to the man seated at her left. Yes, Hops, shoo these children away from her table. How was she ever going to eat dinner with these bug-eyed babies staring at her all night?

Bunz wasn't even going to be TEMPTED by the heavy package of chocolates this one had brought her. SHE WOULD NOT BE BOUGHT. Not yet, anyway. It was too early in the term.

"Amelia, dear," the redhead finally greeted the girl, though she was not at all returning the child's smile, "thank you for the gift, but PLEASE, I must insist that you return to your seat this instant. I have a speech to give before we can all eat. And do me a favor, dear, will you?" The Headmistress moved the package from the table to the floor beside her chair. "Tell your Housemates to not come up here either. Not until the feast is ending. THANK YOU."

Buh-bye.

Bunz's gaze drifted away from the little girl at the table and moved on down the table, toward the woman in the Care of Magical Creatures spot. Ugh, in all her time at Hogwarts, that seat had ALWAYS been occupied by someone who didn't know how to dress. First it has been Iliana, now it was.... Vanora? Was it?

What a weird name for a weird-dressing woman. The redhead wrinkled her nose at the professor's attire and shook her head, subtly sending the message that her outfit was not appropriate for a feast, and then turned back toward the other end of the table.

Annie smiled politely as Marion passed by on her way to her correct seat. "Yes, of course, Mrs. Burbage, I'll be sure to do just that." She laughed lightly at the woman's seeming forgetfulness and nodded again. "Will do. Enjoy the rest of the feast now."

She'd be sure to stop by her tower later this week and give her a proper welcome and maybe she'd share some of those chocolates with her...

"She is, I know," Annie continued the conversation with Rae. "I certainly hope she wouldn't expect any special treatment, even if she IS the daughter of two of Hogwarts' greatest legends."

There, nothing wrong with a bit of flattery for Mrs. Branxton. "Do you think I should give my speech now?" the redhead worried a bit as she saw students still taking their seats. Merlin, why were they all so WET?

Oh! Mr. Gibbins was here! At last! Now where was Vindictus? Almost all of her staff had made it except for the second-most-important one... the most important being herself, of course.

Well then, at least Sebastian had an explanation for his attire. Annie took her time checking him out from head to toe, and noted that he had, at least, attempted to dry of. "Thank you for saving that student, I suppose," she smiled warmly. "Of course we can speak after the feast! I do appreciate your help with the first years."

She was concerned, too, that the Prefects who were returning were not up-to-scratch... Merlin knew Tate had judgment issues... he'd married that Avalon tart, after all...

"Oh you're welcome," Annie waved a little hand toward the librarian. It had been no trouble, really, to get the Board to agree to spend money on books. Er, that's what she'd said the funding was going towards, anyway. Books, furniture... it was all the same. Besides, if the furniture got worn out, it could always be held up with books later. And vice versa, right?

Anyway. "I do hope it motivates them all to study more." She nodded firmly before her attention was taken by some LOUD newcomer to the Great Hall.

Ducking, Anastasia anticipated the BOP to her head and just avoided it. Good thing she'd cast a protective charm over her hair earlier just in case, right?

"So nice of you to join us, Professor Lainey," the redhead commented evenly. She didn't even have to flick her eyes over the odd woman to know that she'd made her version of an arrival, even if it did seem more like Mad Eye Moody than anything. "Now that you're here...."

She could give the speech, yes?
Mika's eyes grew large like little tea saucers when headmistress Truebridge was talking to her. She nodded as she soaked up every word. Right the speech she'd nearly forgotten.

Alright. She was going to go and tell everyone to stay at the table.

"Of course I will do the favor for you" she smiled brightly. Leaving the heavy box of sweets and treats at the table she ran back to her table. It was almost five minutes later that the Headmistress's speech began. Wow she had really cut it close.

IT'S NOT AN ACT OF LOVE __________________________________________________ ___________