Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #51 (permalink)
Harold Lagerty
Hogsmeade Shopkeeper
Lobalug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harold "Hops" Lagerty
Graduated
Hops

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Yes, of course," Annie practically BEAMED under Harold's compliments. She was certainly looking forward to a raise... just think of all the shoes vacations the extra galleons could buy... "I have a friend at the Prophet, did you know?" But more on that later. Now was the time for the speech, so that the feast could FINALLY start. She'd just have to catch Max up on what he was missing later.

Annie stood and tapped her wand on her goblet, sending a clear ringing sound throughout the hall. She waited for absolute silence and, once she had it, began the traditional start-of-term feast.

"Greetings, students, professors, and visitors. Welcome to, or back to, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am your new Headmistress, Anastasia Truebridge." The Headmistress flashed a brilliant smile at all the eyes focused on her.

"This year, as you have surely noticed, brings a great many changes to Hogwarts. We have new staff members in our midst, myself included; new students, and new student leaders as well. Please welcome your peers with open hearts and allow me to take a moment to welcome our esteemed guests back to Hogwarts."

She looked to the Board, who knew to stand when their names were called. "Joining us at the feast tonight is the Hogwarts Board of Governors. Board President and former Headmistress Cassandra Rae-Branxton; Board Vice President and former Professor Anjelica Lainey; Board Secretary and Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magica Ian Amoroso; and Board Treasurer and Three Broomsticks Owner Harold Lagerty. Please welcome these wonderful guests, who make the funding and running of Hogwarts a possibility, with a round of applause."

Anastasia waited for the students to greet the board appropriately and, in the meantime, snagged a drink of water.
"Oh you do now? Well you must tell me more about him." Hops was VERY interested in this new bit of information. He would have to tell Cassandra for sure. A new positive light needed to be shed on all things Hogwarts including its Board of Governors.

But now the Headmistress began her speech and he stood up and waved to the assembled muchkins when she introduced him, although many recognized him from Hogsmeade. Smile and wave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
And he was about to say more when the booming voice of one of the men at the table and Sebastian recognised him from the station. "Well thank you kind sir. But I was just doing my job." His gaze went to the potions mistress and tossed her a wink. Before he turned his attention back to the gentleman. "You did a fine job yourself."
"Well you did a damn fine job, it seems you're in the right career path then!" Yes good show and Hops liked the man's layed back and easy going attitude plus he was modest; good qualities for those in his position.

He did a good job too? "Well thank but usually the people are already corralling themselves to me at the bar so that was a new experience alright." Harold chuckled as the man went to find his seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
Lainey scratched her nose at him, too.

"I rode the trunk instead. Saved some energy." THen she rung out her hair into a napkin.

"WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP!" One woop for her and Rae, and the rest for all that Headmistressy-speech-ness. Lainey air punched to get the WHOLE HALL WOOPING. EVERYONE NOW. WOOP FOR ALL THIS NEW STUFF AND tainted House Elf food.

...no? Okay.
Yes, again, strange woman.

He nodded at her mention of riding the trunk and continued to watch her from the side of his eye. "Ah would you look at that." He said amused as her hair filled her napkin and probably most of Cassandra's with rain water.

And then the cheers. Merlin. Lainey must have bumped her head somewhere since ti seemed she thought she was at a Quidditch match or a Weird Sisters concert. But because it was rather hilarious, and she wasn't the only one doing it now, Hops gladly raised one hand and WHOOPED at the Headmaster right along with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Cassandra nodded amiably and leaned in as the Headmistress stood to give her speech, speaking behind the woman since Hops wasn't seated next to her. "I'm very pleased with our selection, although it will remain to be seen whether she is willing to work with us or prefers to work against us."

She glanced briefly at Amoroso. "I'm very uncomfortable with the Minister's interest in our board. We've always worked best when we were a distinct body. Having the right hand of Greingoth in our meetings is akin to having him telling us what to do. A conflict of interests."
Hops also eyed Truebridge before leaning back behind the Headmistress's chair to speak in low voices with the President. "Yes, that is for us to wait and find out it would seem, but I'm hoping her past loyalty to the school will facter into our side." She had been a previous Professor after all and surely she would want was best for the school.

The glance to and mention of the man sitting on is other side was something he had definately expected and along the lines of what he had been thinking himself. Harold had made a point to get to know the man as best as possible in hopes to sway his vote along the 'right' way when it came to make decisions that would possibly lessen the grip the Ministry had on them and she well knew that he was making those efforts. "Yes but hopefully his new-found commitments will begin to dilute his schoolmate antics."

Stay with me I can make, make you glad you came.