Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Mell

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrew James Preston
Seventh Year

x7
Melly Bean | aussiegirl | a Supernatural freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Oh! Mr. Gibbins was here! At last! Now where was Vindictus? Almost all of her staff had made it except for the second-most-important one... the most important being herself, of course.

Well then, at least Sebastian had an explanation for his attire. Annie took her time checking him out from head to toe, and noted that he had, at least, attempted to dry of. "Thank you for saving that student, I suppose," she smiled warmly. "Of course we can speak after the feast! I do appreciate your help with the first years."

She was concerned, too, that the Prefects who were returning were not up-to-scratch... Merlin knew Tate had judgment issues... he'd married that Avalon tart, after all...
Sebastian had never been one to get embarrassed before, he lives with fifty other people after all and embarrassment just didn't come into it. But the way he was being assessed right now made him squirm a little under the Headmistresses' scrutinising gaze.

"Er...not a problem." he said blinking at her. So apparently she hadn't changed since school. He gave her a smile and turned to see someone waving at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Text Cut: Groundskeeper Gibbins

Leobald was waiting for the speech since there would be no food until Mrs Truebridge gave the traditional ‘welcome speech’ starting to play with the cutlery to make the time pass seemed like a tempting endeavor instead of thinking of food when a dripping man made his way onto the staff dais taking the seat on the left of Seren.

Waving at the man to get his attention Leo called over "Evening, I guess you’re the new groundskeeper? I’m Leobald Kitridge the librarian. Did the kids make it across the lake before the storm hit?" By the looks of the man, probably not.
"Yes you are correct." he replied as he lent back in his chair and stretched out his hand towards the man. "Sebastian Gibbins. And unfortunately no. It hit just as we got into the boats. At least it will give them something to tell their grandkids."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMckay View Post
She herself climbed the steps slowly, checking her seat was still in the same place, what with all the new people now there. Speaking of which, best to say hello. "Good evening!" she called out down to the unfamiliar faces, the red head in Tate's old chair presumably the new Headmistress. "Welcome to Hogwarts!" And then there was Hecate and Leo - people she knew and could perhaps have a conversation with. Although you never could tell with Hecate.

"Terrible weather, isn't it?" Isabelle commented to them as she slid into her seat and straightened out her jacket.
Sebastian gave a nod of his head towards the woman. "Thank you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"That IS your job..." Hecate said to herself, rolling her eyes. And she wasn't whispering either. Prefects and captains... She knew he wasn't talking about the Slytherin ones.
Ahh this must be the potions mistress. Yes he had heard all about her. Sebastian turned in her direction and just smiled. "I wasn't complaining." Just in case she thought that's what he was doing. "Just merely pointing out why I was late."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lagerty View Post
"Ah there's a good man!" Hops boomed as the Groundskeeper made his way, still dripping, to the Staff Table. The man was appologizing for his appearance but that was hardly necessary. Hops looked at the Headmistress as she forgave him and then he himself spoke up. "Mr. Gibbins your efforts this evening despite the chaos ensueing were beyond praiseworthy, I witnessed it first hand, I did." He nodded to Ian, Truebridge and the other staff memebers around him. This man was definaltey a hard worker, especially in his first year on the job!
And he was about to say more when the booming voice of one of the men at the table and Sebastian recognised him from the station. "Well thank you kind sir. But I was just doing my job." His gaze went to the potions mistress and tossed her a wink. Before he turned his attention back to the gentleman. "You did a fine job yourself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post

Suddenly a man entered the Great Hall semi wet and saying something about a first year falling in the lake. Callie held a hand to her mouth to keep herself from giggling out loud and watched as he went to take his seat. "Evening, Callie Elwood, Divination Professor. Would you happen to be the Groundskeeper?" It was obvious but it was still kind enough to ponder these things. She didn't want him to think she was a know-it-all.
And then his gaze cut to a very, VERY pretty young woman and he grinned at her. They were all so friendly here. Well except for you-know-who but he could deal with her. "It's a pleasure to meet you Ms Elwood. And yes you are correct. Sebastian Gibbins. But you can call me Seb." And then the Headmistress stood up to make her speech and he sat back to listen to what she had to say.

Merlin, was it bed time yet?