View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Our dear new headmistress, Anastasia "Bunz" Truebridge, has spoken:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Annie stood and tapped her wand on her goblet, sending a clear ringing sound throughout the hall. She waited for absolute silence and, once she had it, began the traditional start-of-term feast.

"Greetings, students, professors, and visitors. Welcome to, or back to, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am your new Headmistress, Anastasia Truebridge." The Headmistress flashed a brilliant smile at all the eyes focused on her.

"This year, as you have surely noticed, brings a great many changes to Hogwarts. We have new staff members in our midst, myself included; new students, and new student leaders as well. Please welcome your peers with open hearts and allow me to take a moment to welcome our esteemed guests back to Hogwarts."

She looked to the Board, who knew to stand when their names were called. "Joining us at the feast tonight is the Hogwarts Board of Governors. Board President and former Headmistress Cassandra Rae-Branxton; Board Vice President and former Professor Anjelica Lainey; Board Secretary and Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magica Ian Amoroso; and Board Treasurer and Three Broomsticks Owner Harold Lagerty. Please welcome these wonderful guests, who make the funding and running of Hogwarts a possibility, with a round of applause."

Anastasia waited for the students to greet the board appropriately and, in the meantime, snagged a drink of water.

Edit...Continuation

Quote:
She would have invited them to sit with the students, but that wouldn't really be proper, having elves at the table and all. So instead, Annie flicked her wand into her hand and quickly levitated the plant away from the elves' tired arms and onto her side of the table. She settled the plant into a spot near her chair, but no so close that it would get knocked off if somebody scooted back, and then continued on with her speech. Better finish it before something ELSE happened this evening.

"Now then, warm welcomes aside, I have a few start-of-term notices to give out. First, I'd like to thank everyone for their cooperation during the... train incident earlier." Anastasia's speech and expression took on a serious, authoritative tone. "Such an abnormality occurs only once a blue moon, and I assure you, students and staff, that no more abnormalities will occur under my watch and tenure as the Head of Hogwarts. I will do my personal best to ensure the safety and education of all students at Hogwarts remains protected at all times. You should all always feel safe and welcome at Hogwarts while you call it your home, and even after you graduate and find yourself a new home.

"Second, I plan to work closely with the Board of Governors in a more symbiotic relationship than prior history dictates, and I also plan to make some changes around Hogwarts that will hopefully benefit all who are effected by this esteemed school of magic." She smiled congenially, confidently at this part and raised her hands in an open arms gesture. "And finally, with all that has been said and done this evening, I would like to invite you to dig in to the feast that has been painstakingly prepared for us by the wonderful Hogwarts House Elves. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns for me, please come to my suite on the second floor after the feast."

There. Now they could eat, for as Headmistress Truebridge lifted her hands, the food Pips, Beezley, Toddles, and the other elves had prepared magically appeared on all five of the Great Hall tables.

Last edited by Holmesian Feline; 09-04-2012 at 04:02 AM.