Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
DanialRadFAN01

Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
N/A

Ministry RPG Name:
Phillip Flutterby
Games & Sports

x6
Gaga Mafia Monster : MURPHY : Kelvin's SS!BFAM : Roro's Evil Twin : Ravlyndor : Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
Oh, she could see everything from where she sat. And she was far less excited as more and more of the Professors walked into the great hall. At least, far less excited as more and more of the female Professors walked into the great hall.

Why hadn't she received the memo that this was a formal start-of-term feast?

Vanora would have dressed more appropriately. Instead of looking like she had just left the barn. Which she had, but that was besides the point. She would have to talk to Cece later about this.

Doing her best to try and look as small as possible by slinking further down into her seat, why did the staff table have to be so high!?, Vanora kept her eyes focused on the sorting. That was, until a hand was being held out to her and she slowly turned her head to find its owner. Only to be taken aback slightly when she found her.

Wow. Her dress was orange. Very nice. But also very orange.

"Thank you!" she smiled, and knowing that she would not get wet from the rain cloud hanging over the head of the woman she was now leaning over, she gave Calista's hand a quick shake. "Vanora Newlin. Care of Magical Creatures." Although, that was probably already known. But she just liked to say it. "I really like your dress." She really did.
"Vanora, that's a very pretty name." Callie tried for a second to think of some star or planetary body that had a name similar but couldn't think of any..oh well. Callie of course noticed the woman's different clothing choice than the rest of them but just assumed it had something to do with the unorthodox life of a Care of Magical Creatures Professor--William had never dressed up really.

"Oh this? Thanks so much I went to Diagon Alley to buy is specifically for tonight. You could borrow it sometime if you want." She assumed the girl wasn close to her size and if not, they WERE witches afterall. "You know those two ladies and fellows by the Headmistress are the Board of Governors right? They could fire us if they wanted to." Or at least she thought they could, either way Callie had been prepared for the night; the new woman shouldn't worry though, Callie was known to bring up random and sometimes inappropriate topics. Who would ever get fired in front of a Great Hall full of students? *cough* Ethan Truebridge *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Burbage View Post
Despite her age, Marion did not waddle. No, she gliiiiiiiiiiiided across the dias towards her seat while her heels clanked against the ground until she had arrived back to where she was supposed to be. All alphabetical-like, yes studmuffin? Hmmm?

She glanced over at the charming young woman who had been so polite as to introduce herself WITHOUT being prompted to as she passed. "Why thank you Callista, dear. May I call you Callista?" Of course she could! Without waiting for an answer, the elderly astronomer continued. "We shall siiiiiiiiiiimply have to have a cup of tea or two or three up in the towers."

Venturing a glance back towards the end of the table she had departed from, Marion nodded. Yes, this end was MUCH more polite than that end. "I do believe you are right, dear. Tea later then, yes?"
"Of course, although some people just go with Callie." Either way, the woman seemed friendly enough. Callie watched her take her seat with mild interest seeing as she had never seen anyone sit in that specific chair before. And she nodded excitedly at the mention of tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
It felt like it had taken forever and a day to get here, but finally Sebastian was making his way up to the staff table, soaking wet and giving his wand a vigorous shake. It seemed to have stopped working for some reason. Maybe it was waterlogged after he had to jump into the lake after that kid.

He shook his head but he was chuckling lightly as he walked. Never in a million years had he thought this was how his first day at his first real job was going to be.

Halfway to the staff table and a few sparks emitted from his wand and he gave it another shake. "Come on." he muttered. The last thing he needed was to sit up there amongst his fellow colleagues, dripping water all over the place.

He was almost at the table when he felt a small, faint breeze of warm air surround him and he let a sigh of relief. Things would be alright. Except they weren't because while he managed to get most of himself dried, by the time he got to his chair, his hair and shirt were still a little wet.

Better than nothing he supposed.

Seb's gaze automatically went to the red head sitting in the centre of the table and he gave her an apologetic smile. "Headmistress." he inclined his head and a few drops of water dripped down his face. "My apologies for being late. But just as I got the kids into the boats, the storm started making the trip across the lake a little...hazardous." It seemed to be the theme of the night. "One child fell into the water and I had to go in after him. Hence the reason for my attire." She would forgive him, right? After all they had once been housemates.

He was just about to relax back into his chair when he remembered something else. "Oh and if you could spare a few minutes after the feast, I would like to discuss the events at the station. I have some concerns in regards to some of your Prefects and Captains."

And if she was in agreeance with him then points would be taken. If not then he was going to have a few students helping him fertilize the grounds.
Suddenly a man entered the Great Hall semi wet and saying something about a first year falling in the lake. Callie held a hand to her mouth to keep herself from giggling out loud and watched as he went to take his seat. "Evening, Callie Elwood, Divination Professor. Would you happen to be the Groundskeeper?" It was obvious but it was still kind enough to ponder these things. She didn't want him to think she was a know-it-all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post

Hmmm?

Oh..Calista....that rude woman would receive nothing more than a raised eyebrow to acknowledge that she heard her. Besides that she kept to attention directed to Leobald. He was at least not rude and certainly not a fake Seer like this woman.

Hmph..so there you go Calista...snobbed..AGAIN.

And then Medea arrived. Oooh Sophia had something positively brilliant planned to get back at her for that e stunt she pulled in her last charms class. Sophia wasn't one for practical jokes but when the time called for it, she could certainly deliver. "Good evening Professor Ramanos."
*eye roll*

Callie looked at Sophia for a moment and then turned back to her conversation with Medea, giving her a look that suggested that she too ignore the frumpy Charms lady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Calista!!

Catching the blond divination professor’s eye Leo waved back. "My summer was good; I visited Spain and visited my parents. You should come by my office later. I have a new book you might like." It wasn’t anything special, just a book which Leo had received in the latest book shipment.

Hopefully Callie would enjoy it.
Smiling again at the enthusiasm as to which Leo greeted her, Callie leaned forward in her chair to make out what else he had to say. "That sounds wonderful, I can see that you got some sun." Spain and....parents. She was jealous.

But before Callie's mood could be dampened by thoughts of her own summer an invitation was being given to check out some new books. "You know me too well, I may stop by after the Feast if there's time, is that alright with you?" As if her office needed another book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
Lainey arrived to the Great Hall at last. She was wet, dripping even, and was dragging a trunk along behind her. The metal feet of the trunk made ear-splitting screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeches with every inch she moved, but the VP didn't seem to hear it.

Drip. Step. Drip. Step.

She paused at the Ravenclaw table to see if those kids from the Food Trolley were Ravenclaws or hat munchers, then carried on towards the table.

Drip drop. Step. Drip drop step screeeeeeeeeech.

Because most everyone was there, and it was too tempting not to, Lainey BOPPED everyone's head down the line of present Professors. Like duck, duck, goose Staff Table style. BOP. BOP. BOP. BOP.

FINALLY, the soppy ex-professors, ex-auror, current VP of BoG arrived at her chair. Beside Rae. Sup, Rae.

She lined the trunk up with the back of her assigned and usual chair by Rae, climbed on top of it, then went over the TOP of her high back chair to take her seat.

"Well. I lost my food." So that sucked.
And who was this woman?

Callie had a bad feeling about her, the way she was shuffling her way into the Great Hall in such a loud and mysterious fashion. It wasn't until the woman made her way behind the staff table and bopped them each on the head that the Divination Professor caught the look on her face.

"Oh what good fun." The blonde said brightly watching the mysterious lady take a seat beside the Headmaster--she must be some sort of magical clown of sorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMckay View Post
Isabelle had been late leaving home today. Scarlet had decided to play up and a cuddle from mum was the only thing to get her to sleep. But finally she'd managed to get going, having given Alastair a goodbye kiss, and stepping out in to the cold. When it promptly started raining. So Issy had turned up at the castle looking like a drowned rat. For the last 30 minutes she'd been in her office drying herself off and changing into the clothes she'd brought along to wear to the feast. Just as well she had considering she didn't really have the time to dry everything out. Her hair would have to do.

So it was with a quickened step that she entered the Great Hall and and rushed towards the staff table, giving the kids she passed a smile. Following on just behind a face she vaguely recognised, but the name escaped her. Although seeing how the woman acted upon her arrival at the table, Issy was glad she hadn't got there first. Climbing over the back of her chair, head bopping? Goodness.

She herself climbed the steps slowly, checking her seat was still in the same place, what with all the new people now there. Speaking of which, best to say hello. "Good evening!" she called out down to the unfamiliar faces, the red head in Tate's old chair presumably the new Headmistress. "Welcome to Hogwarts!" And then there was Hecate and Leo - people she knew and could perhaps have a conversation with. Although you never could tell with Hecate.

"Terrible weather, isn't it?" Isabelle commented to them as she slid into her seat and straightened out her jacket.
Another familiar woman took a seat at the far end of the table from Elwood but that didn't stop her from sending a wave down to the Transfiguration professor. "Evening Isobelle!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Anastasia's cat-like grin only widened as the Divination professor seemed to turn a shade of white usually only seen in ghosts. Heheh. She hadn't even said anything, had she? Was the woman so unsure in her "divine gifts" that she couldn't even take a joke?

"We'll chat later, I'm sure, Ms. Elwood." And the Bunz watched as the blonde scurried back to her seat like an admonished puppy.
Yeah, that first meeting with the Headmistress hadn't gone anywhere close to what she had wished it would have gone. Callie sat there at her chair, staring at the empty plate for a moment, the woman's words echoing in her ears. What had she even meant by them, that she was a fraud or that she knew all about her and Indigo and that she was planning on making Calista's life a living Hell this term and for the remainder of terms they both worked here?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"Callie..." Hecate said in greeting. She sipped on a glass of water.

"Hello, professor!" He said waving back.
Callie had greeted Hecate but she hadn't really expected the man she was talking to to take notice and greet her aswell. "Hello there, sir. Welcome to Hogwarts." It felt so weird welcoming someone when she too was still a tad new to the place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
Medea giggled softly, half hugging her friend back. Such a weird angle. "I haff." And the accent was back in full. She was only planning on trying at it during lessons anyhow. Perhaps eventually, she wouldn't even need to try.

"Oh, thank you. And you." she smiled. Board of Governors here and all. Though she did love the orange Callie was wearing. Taking a deep breath, the dark haired professor looked out to the students momentarily, shrugging her shoulders up. "Actually, this summer could haff ended sooner."

So yes. Definitely glad to be back.
Oh it was so good to be back with Medea, she would, unfortantely, tell her all about he horrible and depressing summer but that would be later; now they were just going to enjoy themselves. Again she was so proud of the dark haired woman despite her accent coming back when she just spoke naturally, she couldn't expect her to force herself to speak one way forever.

"Oh thank you!" Weren't they just so polite complimenting each other's outfits. But it seemed that Callie wasn't the only one who had had a less than plesant summer. "Oh I'm with you on that sister." She said raising her goblet for her to toast Medea's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Annie stood and tapped her wand on her goblet, sending a clear ringing sound throughout the hall. She waited for absolute silence and, once she had it, began the traditional start-of-term feast.

"Greetings, students, professors, and visitors. Welcome to, or back to, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am your new Headmistress, Anastasia Truebridge." The Headmistress flashed a brilliant smile at all the eyes focused on her.

"This year, as you have surely noticed, brings a great many changes to Hogwarts. We have new staff members in our midst, myself included; new students, and new student leaders as well. Please welcome your peers with open hearts and allow me to take a moment to welcome our esteemed guests back to Hogwarts."

She looked to the Board, who knew to stand when their names were called. "Joining us at the feast tonight is the Hogwarts Board of Governors. Board President and former Headmistress Cassandra Rae-Branxton; Board Vice President and former Professor Anjelica Lainey; Board Secretary and Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magica Ian Amoroso; and Board Treasurer and Three Broomsticks Owner Harold Lagerty. Please welcome these wonderful guests, who make the funding and running of Hogwarts a possibility, with a round of applause."

Anastasia waited for the students to greet the board appropriately and, in the meantime, snagged a drink of water.
And now Headmistress Truebridge was starting her speech. Callie nodded at the appropriate times and looked at each of the Board members as they stood, clapping along with the rest of the Hall. They seemed nice enough and surely seemed happy to be there.