Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Harold Lagerty
Hogsmeade Shopkeeper
Lobalug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harold "Hops" Lagerty
Graduated
Hops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Good evening, Hops. It's a shame you couldn't ride with us... always nice to have an extra pair of hands in times of trouble." She glanced out across the Great Hall before returning to him with a smile.

"But Anastasia handled it admirably, and the Ministry stepped in almost immediately." Funny, that. Almost as if they'd anticipated trouble.
Haha...yeah a shame. Not. As much as Hops wished well for the students and the other adults on board the Hogwarts Express that evening, he wouldn't have traded his nice, normal evening serving the evening's last customers at the warm and cozy Three Broomsticks.

"That's fantastic then, a good choice I will say it once more." He said looking back to the red head in the high chair. Cassandra knew that he had liked her about the over applicants. But the next part about the Ministry brought a crease in his forehead. "The Ministry sure does like to step in." Harold leaned in closer and spoke more quietly to her. "It would be wonderful to distance ourselves from them as much as possible were they not the ones who helped fund a large portion of our budget." Yes, unfortunately the private family donations were down because of their lack of being in the spotlight but hopefully that would change soon enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
...but the hand was promptly swept away by the handsome man to her left. "Mr. Lagerty, good evening to you as well!" Annie nearly blushed at the forwardness of his hand kiss, but really, she deserved such queen-like treatment. She wouldn't be complaining about that especially not to Ethan.

"Thank you for your condolences... and your welcome." Her smile turned down just slightly at the edges as she recalled the train ride. "However, I prefer to think of the earlier difficulties with transportation as nothing more than a small bump in the road. I'm sure the rest of this school year will be a wonderful, educational adventure for everyone at Hogwarts."
"Under your cool head and keen discretion it is surely going to be a fine year." If she could keep the School out of the papers for negative reasons like staff disappearances and bloody freezing kids they might acutally go into the Elections in a good light.

He winked at her before taking a seat beside her. "If things go well, you could be looking at a considerable raise. The Board does has sections of our fund for bonuses." Yes, so try and keep it clean this term. The man took a sip of the butterbeer he had sent to the Kitchens for the Feast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
It felt like it had taken forever and a day to get here, but finally Sebastian was making his way up to the staff table, soaking wet and giving his wand a vigorous shake. It seemed to have stopped working for some reason. Maybe it was waterlogged after he had to jump into the lake after that kid.

He shook his head but he was chuckling lightly as he walked. Never in a million years had he thought this was how his first day at his first real job was going to be.

Halfway to the staff table and a few sparks emitted from his wand and he gave it another shake. "Come on." he muttered. The last thing he needed was to sit up there amongst his fellow colleagues, dripping water all over the place.

He was almost at the table when he felt a small, faint breeze of warm air surround him and he let a sigh of relief. Things would be alright. Except they weren't because while he managed to get most of himself dried, by the time he got to his chair, his hair and shirt were still a little wet.

Better than nothing he supposed.

Seb's gaze automatically went to the red head sitting in the centre of the table and he gave her an apologetic smile. "Headmistress." he inclined his head and a few drops of water dripped down his face. "My apologies for being late. But just as I got the kids into the boats, the storm started making the trip across the lake a little...hazardous." It seemed to be the theme of the night. "One child fell into the water and I had to go in after him. Hence the reason for my attire." She would forgive him, right? After all they had once been housemates.

He was just about to relax back into his chair when he remembered something else. "Oh and if you could spare a few minutes after the feast, I would like to discuss the events at the station. I have some concerns in regards to some of your Prefects and Captains."

And if she was in agreeance with him then points would be taken. If not then he was going to have a few students helping him fertilize the grounds.
"Ah there's a good man!" Hops boomed as the Groundskeeper made his way, still dripping, to the Staff Table. The man was appologizing for his appearance but that was hardly necessary. Hops looked at the Headmistress as she forgave him and then he himself spoke up. "Mr. Gibbins your efforts this evening despite the chaos ensueing were beyond praiseworthy, I witnessed it first hand, I did." He nodded to Ian, Truebridge and the other staff memebers around him. This man was definaltey a hard worker, especially in his first year on the job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Eye Touz View Post
Lainey arrived to the Great Hall at last. She was wet, dripping even, and was dragging a trunk along behind her. The metal feet of the trunk made ear-splitting screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeches with every inch she moved, but the VP didn't seem to hear it.

Drip. Step. Drip. Step.

She paused at the Ravenclaw table to see if those kids from the Food Trolley were Ravenclaws or hat munchers, then carried on towards the table.

Drip drop. Step. Drip drop step screeeeeeeeeech.

Because most everyone was there, and it was too tempting not to, Lainey BOPPED everyone's head down the line of present Professors. Like duck, duck, goose Staff Table style. BOP. BOP. BOP. BOP.

FINALLY, the soppy ex-professors, ex-auror, current VP of BoG arrived at her chair. Beside Rae. Sup, Rae.

She lined the trunk up with the back of her assigned and usual chair by Rae, climbed on top of it, then went over the TOP of her high back chair to take her seat.

"Well. I lost my food." So that sucked.
And then the loon descended upon them.

After their Vice President finished making as much noise as a Mountain Troll on her way up to the seat Harold stared, open mouthed, as she climbed right over the back of her chair. That woman was utterly insane.

"Good evening Professor Lainey, did you drag yourself and that trunk all the way from the train?" Yes, he was now taking a sip of his drink to keep from bursting into laughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post

"Hops!" He said shaking the man's hand. "Nice to see you again, mate... we need to head down to Hogmeade and discuss things."
The vigorous handshake from his collegue didn't catch the pub owner off guard in the slightest--he was used to all sorts of folk in the Broomsticks. "Oh of course, my door's always open as you surely know." He fixed the man with a warm smile before his gaze trailed back to the greater portion, and the noisiest, the student tables.

Stay with me I can make, make you glad you came.