Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default *flails* I think that's everyone.
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: Dash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
And his seat was taken, taken by someone that was not him for some strange reason. Dash just stared before he carefully began to fold his cloak and then cleared his throat. "You are probably not aware of it, but this is my chair that you are currently sitting in. I'm not exactly a man bent on possessing silly things like chairs, but I am someone who thinks knowing the alphabet is very important. That being said, A-" Dash held out his arm and pointed over to the right, before pointing it at the left "-to Z. I encourage you to find your rightful spot."

Leobald stomach was growling quietly as Dash arrived at the staff dais not exactly looking thrilled at the prospect of a woman sitting in his seat. But wasn’t Dash supposed to sit in the vacant seat on Leo’s left? With the lengthened table to fit the visitors it wasn’t the easiest feat to find your proper place.

"Good evening Dash!" Leo greeted with a polite smile. They had gone to school together in their youth’s but that was about it. They weren’t buddies or even good acquaintances but this new term could change that possibly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post
And the Libarian, Leo, who had also started his post last term with Callie was already in his seat so she gave him a small wave and decided to inquire about his summer knowing that he would probably ask about her own. It hadn't been well but she could always put up a front.

"Evening Leo, was your summer well?"
Calista!!

Catching the blond divination professor’s eye Leo waved back. "My summer was good; I visited Spain and visited my parents. You should come by my office later. I have a new book you might like." It wasn’t anything special, just a book which Leo had received in the latest book shipment.

Hopefully Callie would enjoy it.

Text Cut: Cece

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1HBIC View Post
... Someone sitting in HER seat, and Dash trying to say it was HIS seat.
"Your seat Dash? I do believe the last time we sat at this table, this seat here..." she said pointing to the one the clearly confused woman was sitting in, "...was my seat, not yours. Your seat is over there, on the other side of Seren." This time she pointed to the empty seat between Seren and Leo... where Dash needed to go sit. "Maybe while you're teaching this woman her alphabet, you can learn yours as well." Because the last time Cece checked the alphabet, Healer came before Herbology while History of Magic came after Herbology, meaning Dash needed to move on over to his own seat and this other woman to wherever she landed in the alphabet.

Seriously?

First Dash and now Cecelia arrived claiming that the senior looking madam was in fact sitting in her seat and not Dash’s. Leo was so not going to get into the middle of this. Three cooks were enough or in this case staffers were enough. The unfamiliar woman was a staffer, yes? Shrugging he fired off a warm welcome smile in Cece’s direction. "Evening, Cece, you look lovely tonight."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Seren turned, offering Leo her usual cheery smile. "Oh, um... thank you," she muttered, having not expected a compliment from the man, nor any man for that matter. "Had a good summer?"
Eh? Seren response seemed a little off. Didn’t women generally love compliments? Smiling broadly just the same Leobald nodded "I did. I went to Spain and visited my parents. Was your summer good Seren?" If only he had known the herbology professor a little closer then he could have asked what was wrong because clearly something was wrong even though Seren had a cheery façade. Well not everyone could be super happy or she could be just nervous by the prominent visitor’s just like Leo was.

Text Cut: Marion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Burbage View Post
Oh, look at this strapping young man! Marion inclined her head in his direction upon his greeting. "Evening to you too, dear," she replied with an obvious twinkle in her tone. A twinkle almost as radiant as the gold chain around her neck if she did say so herself. "Oh HEAvens no. Though it has simply been aaaaaaages since I was a student here."

She did, however, raise an eyebrow at the man next. No introduction? Hmmm. "Marion Burbage, dear," she repeated as she extended one of her hands towards him.

Leo couldn’t help but smile broadly at the woman even though being called dear was something he only expected from his mother. "Oh really, what house were you sorted into? I was a Ravenclaw when I went here some time ago now." The memories.

Putting a hand to his head Leo apologized."Forgive my poor manners, Marion. I’m Leobald Kitridge, the school librarian. If you ever need a book I’d be more than happy to assist." Shaking her extended hand he asked "Are you the new Astronomy professor?"Or Comc professor or even groundskeeper? It was possible give the number of people who had left after last term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
The professor smiled back at the librarian, "Goood evening to yourself Leobald...glad to see the summer treated you well...is that a little bit a bronze color I detect on your skin?" she asked sweetly, "It was same ol same ol...nothing toooo exciting...happy to be back here..." she said as she glanced at the BOG sitting at the table and felt nervous again especially when she saw the new Headmistress...
Blushing slightly Leobald looked at the skin of his hand momentarily before raising his gaze to meet Gemma’s. "Actually yes, I vacationed in Spain for a few weeks. I guess it shows. I feared I’d become reddish from all the sun exposure to be honest that’s how my skin usually reacts."

"I’ve extended the Muggle section of the library a bit over the summer. You should come have a look at it. It seemed popular amongst the students so I’ve added a few new books to the selection." Mainly muggle comics and animal books but it was something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
And this was the... librarian, no? Leobald Kitridge, if she remembered his name correctly. Well look at that, he wasn't bald at all.

"Thank you, Mr. Kitridge," Anastasia acknowledge him, showing that she had CLEARLY gone over the staff files Tate had left behind. "How is the library looking? Ready for student studies?"
He was impressed. Leo had to admit. After just a few staff meetings the new headmistress already remembered his name. Was that a good or a bad thing? He hoped for the former as he responded excitedly. "It’s looking splendid Headmistress. I’m glad you granted my wish of putting in some new furniture. The new sitting groups and book shelves I’m sure will be appreciated by the students and will aid them in their studies." Who wouldn’t like the new furniture?

Text Cut: Groundskeeper Gibbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
It felt like it had taken forever and a day to get here, but finally Sebastian was making his way up to the staff table, soaking wet and giving his wand a vigorous shake. It seemed to have stopped working for some reason. Maybe it was waterlogged after he had to jump into the lake after that kid.

He shook his head but he was chuckling lightly as he walked. Never in a million years had he thought this was how his first day at his first real job was going to be.

Halfway to the staff table and a few sparks emitted from his wand and he gave it another shake. "Come on." he muttered. The last thing he needed was to sit up there amongst his fellow colleagues, dripping water all over the place.

He was almost at the table when he felt a small, faint breeze of warm air surround him and he let a sigh of relief. Things would be alright. Except they weren't because while he managed to get most of himself dried, by the time he got to his chair, his hair and shirt were still a little wet.
Better than nothing he supposed.

Seb's gaze automatically went to the red head sitting in the centre of the table and he gave her an apologetic smile. "Headmistress." he inclined his head and a few drops of water dripped down his face. "My apologies for being late. But just as I got the kids into the boats, the storm started making the trip across the lake a little...hazardous." It seemed to be the theme of the night. "One child fell into the water and I had to go in after him. Hence the reason for my attire." She would forgive him, right? After all they had once been housemates.

He was just about to relax back into his chair when he remembered something else. "Oh and if you could spare a few minutes after the feast, I would like to discuss the events at the station. I have some concerns in regards to some of your Prefects and Captains."
And if she was in agreeance with him then points would be taken. If not then he was going to have a few students helping him fertilize the grounds.

Leobald was waiting for the speech since there would be no food until Mrs Truebridge gave the traditional ‘welcome speech’ starting to play with the cutlery to make the time pass seemed like a tempting endeavor instead of thinking of food when a dripping man made his way onto the staff dais taking the seat on the left of Seren.

Waving at the man to get his attention Leo called over "Evening, I guess you’re the new groundskeeper? I’m Leobald Kitridge the librarian. Did the kids make it across the lake before the storm hit?" By the looks of the man, probably not.

Text Cut: Sophia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Sophia diverted her eyes to Leobald when he complimented her on her dress. Well yes she knew it was a beautiful dress, her husband bought it for her first night back. He even got the earrings to boot. Leo managed to get a small smile from the woman and a nod of her head."Thank you Leo, it is quite lovely isn't it? You look good too."

How was her summer? Simply wonderful. Her grandchildren had grown so much."It was wonderful. You know Bentley is talking now and Ariana, she's such a bright little witch." And of course Rhea would be having her second biological child in October. Yes family life was good. Her mood was not though."And your summer?"

One point to him!!

Leo had managed to make Sophia smile even if it had been a small one at that. Anything was better than that unbefitting scowl that traced his friend's features upon arrival. Beaming he murmured. "Thank you. The robes are new."

His beam turned into a broad smile as Sophia spoke of her grand children. "How old are Bentley and Ariana now? Will Ariana soon be within these walls studying charms spells for you?"