Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
Marion Burbage
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Professor Marion Burbage
Goodness Gracious Heavens Above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Annie would recognize that voice anywhere. Her head swiveled back the other way as she spotted Marion sliding into the Healer's seat. "Mrs. Burbage, dear, you're down at the other end of the table, near Mr. Christiansen." The other ginger. "Thank you again for making it to Hogwarts this term. My father and I greatly appreciate it."

Bless her old head for forgetting where Astronomy professors sat. Hopefully... the others swarming up to the table now wouldn't be so hard on her...
My my my my my!

If she had been fifty years younger chances were that Marion's cheeks would have been rosy little roses by now from sheer embarrassment. As it were though, she was more aggravated at having to move from one end of the table aaaaaaaaaaall the way to the other. She wasn't getting any younger!

But the chaaaaaaarming voice of dear little Annie caught her ear and turned her slight frown completely upside down. "Oh yes, I doooooo see it now," she nodded in her sing-song voice once again. "And the pleasure is all mine, dear. You know I would never refuse a request from either you or your father. I doooooo hope that I do not misplace my classroom in the same manner I have misplaced my seat."

Hohohohohoho!

"Do send your father my regards, dear, and that I expect our next tea engagement to be sooner rather than later. Henry is looking forward to it as well."

Now...to find her seat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post

"Well it's a pleasure Marion. I can't wait to have another Professor up in the towers with me this term, last term I was all alone up there." Apart from the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor students but she meant adults.

Callie took another sip of her drink, watching over the rim of her goblet as the scene continued to unfold with Cece and Dash. Once the woman began to head towards Elwood's end of the Table she caught the woman's attention again. "This side of the table's better anyways." She said with a wink.
Despite her age, Marion did not waddle. No, she gliiiiiiiiiiiided across the dias towards her seat while her heels clanked against the ground until she had arrived back to where she was supposed to be. All alphabetical-like, yes studmuffin? Hmmm?

She glanced over at the charming young woman who had been so polite as to introduce herself WITHOUT being prompted to as she passed. "Why thank you Callista, dear. May I call you Callista?" Of course she could! Without waiting for an answer, the elderly astronomer continued. "We shall siiiiiiiiiiimply have to have a cup of tea or two or three up in the towers."

Venturing a glance back towards the end of the table she had departed from, Marion nodded. Yes, this end was MUCH more polite than that end. "I do believe you are right, dear. Tea later then, yes?"

And off she went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
Oh, she could see everything from where she sat. And she was far less excited as more and more of the Professors walked into the great hall. At least, far less excited as more and more of the female Professors walked into the great hall.

Why hadn't she received the memo that this was a formal start-of-term feast?

Vanora would have dressed more appropriately. Instead of looking like she had just left the barn. Which she had, but that was besides the point. She would have to talk to Cece later about this.

Doing her best to try and look as small as possible by slinking further down into her seat, why did the staff table have to be so high!?, Vanora kept her eyes focused on the sorting.
Marion was just about to sliding into her seat, which was hopefully her's this time, when she simply could not NOT notice the young thing sitting down beside her. Hmm...going alphabetically...that would make her the Care of Magical Creatures professor, would it not?

Looking the young woman up and down with a critical eye, she arched one of her perfectly plucked eyebrows at her. Just because she spent most of her time with creatures did not mean she had to dress like one. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..." she said as she now slide into her seat, eyebrow still raised ever so obviously. "Informal means semi-formal, not casual, dear." Which means knee-length dress or skirt and not jeans.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
And then toward her other side, it seemed that Edvard Roslund had been replaced with an .... older woman. Who, like her, seemed very open and friendly. And chattery; unlikely the first Astronomy Professor she sat beside, Risu. Risu and her had been accustomed to sitting, staring out, observing. Something, from first perceptions, she gathered she was not going to do with this woman.

"Hello. Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm Josephina Hadley, the Arithmancy Professor." And they were obviously going to be meal partners for the year.
Oh yes, this woman was charming as well. Lovely lovely!

"Simply charmed to meet you, darling," she said, her words rolling off her tongue with an dazzling elegance. "Oh Arithmancy! I did rather enjoy that subject as a student, not as much as Astronomy, naturally, but a fascinating subject nonetheless."

A few students had come to the table by now, earning some more pointed eyebrow raises and Hmmmmmmmmmmms from the woman. When one more appeared, Ravenclaw judging from her robes, Marion leaned over just a bit to whisper to Josephina. "Tell me darling, is this a normal occurrence for Hogwarts students these days to forget their manners and approach the staff table before the Headmistress has given her speech?"

She certainly hoped that there would be better manners in her classroom, or out the door they would go. Out out! Shoo shoo!