Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default Evening, all ;)
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Seren was her usual excitable self as she made her way to the Great Hall. Having hidden out in the Staff Room for the past couple of hours in an effort to avoid the weather. Besides, she had some reading to catch up on.

Heals clicking, Seren reached her seat on the dais, and noticed there were new additions to their party. "... Hello!" she chirped, all smiles. "That's a lovely brooch," she added to the red head.
"Hello," Annie greeted the Herbology woman, though she was on her guard because, as she saw it, Seren Bentley was sitting in HER spot. The woman did win approval points, however, as she complimented Annie on her brooch.

"Oh! Why thank you," her hand fluttered to the accessory instinctively. "It's a little momento from Egypt, where I used to teach." And... now she supposed she could return the compliment. "I love your... shoes," she offered with a nod. Annie quite liked that cross strap style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Coming up to the staff dais he shot a warm smile in the directions of all the new additions to the staff. "Good evening!" His eyes rested on the red head. "Beautiful brooch." he commented in passing.

Was the red head the new headmistress?[/B]
And this was the... librarian, no? Leobald Kitridge, if she remembered his name correctly. Well look at that, he wasn't bald at all.

"Thank you, Mr. Kitridge," Anastasia acknowledge him, showing that she had CLEARLY gone over the staff files Tate had left behind. "How is the library looking? Ready for student studies?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Christiansen View Post
Entering in a little tardy, Tristan took his seat. He was a very busy man, after all, they were lucky he'd found the time to attend such a frivoulous event. He reached over and pulled the pitcher of what looked like water and huffling a little, poured himself a glass. His eyes wandered the table, and he saw the stunning redhead he'd agreed to return to teach for. He nodded in her direction. Gingers always stick together.
Her eyes drifted down the table as he waited for the librarian's reply, noting who was here and who was tardy. Anastasia watched as Mr. Christiansen slipped into his seat and returned his nod with a knowing one of her own.

It was lovely having another redhead on staff, wasn't it? They were such good-looking people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Burbage View Post
Is simply had been aaaaaaaaaaaaages since Marion had stepped foot in these charming halls and heard the clicking and clanking of her heels on the stone floors. Of course now, instead of school shoes, she wore rather fancy shoes of a deep purple that stood out against her long lilac skirt. Perhaps she should have shown a bit more of her former house spirit and worn something in brilliant marigold, but no matter. There would be plenty of time for that.

"Hellooooooooo dears," she sang as she made her way towards her seat and sat down. This was her seat, wasn't it? Turning to her left, Marion noticed she was seated next to a blonde woman in a red dress and she inclined her head in greeting. "Evening darling, Marion Burbage."
Annie would recognize that voice anywhere. Her head swiveled back the other way as she spotted Marion sliding into the Healer's seat. "Mrs. Burbage, dear, you're down at the other end of the table, near Mr. Christiansen." The other ginger. "Thank you again for making it to Hogwarts this term. My father and I greatly appreciate it."

Bless her old head for forgetting where Astronomy professors sat. Hopefully... the others swarming up to the table now wouldn't be so hard on her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Some things never change, do they?" Cassandra took the seat that Anastasia had pointed out, although her eyes never left the ceiling overhead and the tapestries and the students entering the Great Hall (looking rather rougher than she remembered). My, it brought back so many memories.

Oh, oh! Cassandra took the napkin off the table and dabbed at her eyes as she spotted the first years lining up for the Sorting... with her daughter lurking in the middle of the line and trying not to look half a head taller than those around her. What a special moment, to see one's own child get sorted.
"Mhmmm," Anastasia acknowledged the former Headmistress beside her. She smiled a bit to see the woman getting emotional over her daughter's Sorting (though admittedly, seeing the girl tower over all her peers was more humorous than moving) and hoped that one day, she'd be able to see David get Sorted too.

"I see Genevieve is a Ravenclaw just like you. Congratulations."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post
There she was...the Bunbury.

Pushing a flyaway bang behind her ear Calista walked directly to the woman who she most nervous about meeting tonight. One would typically be a tad hesitant to meet the cousin of an ex boyfriend with whom you stole from and sort of used your Seeing ability to manipulate him into a relationship. At least Callie felt bad now about it and she was worried Indigo would have told her now Boss. Awkward.

"Good evening Headmistress Truebridge. I'm Calista Elwood, Divination. You're brooch is quite lovely." Callie had always loved accessories as one could tell with a quick look at her. She began to twist one of her bracelets nervously, a smile all the while present on her lips. Just play it cool she might not know about all that.
"Oh! Hello!" Anastasia nearly knocked over her empty water goblet as someone suddenly popped up near her elbow. She took in the woman's appearance with her usual head-to-toe analysis, though her face remained neutral for once. She wasn't sure what to think of the lady in orange, though she did approve of her bracelets and whatnot. It was definitely a look that matched her subject.

"Thank you, Calista. I hope you've Seen great things for Hogwarts this year." A slight evil smile curved upward on the redhead's lips as she offered her hand for the professor to shake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lagerty View Post
And lastly they had their new hire, Mrs. Truebridge, the one he had been pushing for ever since he saw her application--she was an educator after all and a former Professor and alumni of the School no less! "Good Evening Headmistress." he took her hand and planted a polite kiss on it. "I'm very sorry about your ride on the Express this afternoon, terrible way to start a term I would say. But it is great to see you here safe and sound."
...but the hand was promptly swept away by the handsome man to her left. "Mr. Lagerty, good evening to you as well!" Annie nearly blushed at the forwardness of his hand kiss, but really, she deserved such queen-like treatment. She wouldn't be complaining about that especially not to Ethan.

"Thank you for your condolences... and your welcome." Her smile turned down just slightly at the edges as she recalled the train ride. "However, I prefer to think of the earlier difficulties with transportation as nothing more than a small bump in the road. I'm sure the rest of this school year will be a wonderful, educational adventure for everyone at Hogwarts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post
Gemma smiled at the Headmistress, even more nervous then when thinking about BOGs at the table...she hadn't been close with the old Headmaster, but they had an understanding that was amiable...she was worried about a new person on staff, but she did notice something she instantly liked...the woman had style!

She leaned forward a little bit and nodded her head slightly, "Welcome back to Hoggy Warts, Headmistress..." she said raising her glass to toast the new fearless leader....
"Oh, thank you!" Annie sounded surprised at the toast from the Muggle Studies professor, but at really, she was pleased. "It's Mrs. Cerulean, isn't it?" Was the woman married? She couldn't recall. Worth a guess though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraRamos View Post
Since he was new to this school, he knew that the first thing he needed to do was introduce himself to the teachers the moment he first saw them, as long as it was possible.
After all, it is extremely important to know your teachers. If you become good friends with them, they could really help you out with a lot of things.

Making his way up to the staff table from the Slytherin one, Ace introduced himself first to the lady in the biggest chair, obviously the headmistress. That was the most important. He could have introduced himself at large, raising his voice enough to allow every teacher to hear, as some people he knows would have done. But that is not at all Ace's style. He thought it was much more important to meet every teacher individually and make a better impression that way.

Walking with confidence, Ace made sure to catch her in the split second of time where she wasn't talking to anyone.

"Hello, Headmistress! You don't know me, I am new to Hogwarts but I thought I should introduce myself since I am going to be attending your school for the next year or so."

Holding out his hand for her to shake, he gave her his best smile - charming, engaging and quite irresistible. "My name is Alastair Dooley, though mostly everybody calls me Ace. It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance and also a big honor to be attending your school."

Stepping back, he gave her a polite nod. "You are a busy woman, I won't take up too much of your time. Thank you very much and I hope you have as great a year as I surely will."
Now Anastasia Truebridge had never really approved of students harassing the staff at their table, not during breakfast, not during lunch, and never during a dinner like a feast. But the young man who was standing before her now was... somewhat on the okay side. He just had manner. She liked manners.

And compliments.

"Well well, Mr. Dooley," she shook his hand firmly, finding herself smiling for some reason. The boy was infectious, look at that. A regular politician. "Thank you for the introduction, it was very nice of you to... travel all the way up here." From whichever table he had come from. "But, if I may, could you please return to your seat? I am going to be making the speech soon and would like the dais free from students before I speak."

Even if the students were charming.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind

Last edited by BanaBatGirl; 09-03-2012 at 03:26 AM. Reason: adding in the two I missed :)