Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Marion Burbage
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Professor Marion Burbage
Goodness Gracious Heavens Above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Dears???

And the woman was singing too? Leo eyes widened for a moment as he took in the older woman’s figure. He ignored commenting on the ‘dear part’ and instead greeted her with a warm smile. "Good evening, madam. Is this your first visit to Hogwarts?" Who was she? He couldn’t help but wonder and why was she sitting in Cecelia’s seat? Leo shifted his position on his seat slightly.

This was going to be an interesting feast.
Oh, look at this strapping young man! Marion inclined her head in his direction upon his greeting. "Evening to you too, dear," she replied with an obvious twinkle in her tone. A twinkle almost as radiant as the gold chain around her neck if she did say so herself. "Oh HEAvens no. Though it has simply been aaaaaaages since I was a student here."

She did, however, raise an eyebrow at the man next. No introduction? Hmmm. "Marion Burbage, dear," she repeated as she extended one of her hands towards him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanialRadFAN01 View Post

On her end there was also another new face, she was older, but still new so Callie grinned at her and walked over to introduce herself. "Hello there, Calista Elwood, Divination. Who might you be?" The blonde's American accent was present but thankfully less noticable than last term.
"Bonsoir, love," Marion smiled, trying out some of the French that she could remember. How lovely this woman was. Proper introduction and everything. Lovely, siiiiiiiiiiiiiiimply lovely. "Marion Burbage, visiting Astronomy professor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Huh? ... "Er... Seren Bentley, pleasure to meet you."

What happened to Dashbag? Oh of course, naturally, he would make an appearance. A rude one.

Seren gave the woman an appologetic look before pouring herself a pumpkin juice. It was going to be one of those nights.

And indeed...
"Seren, what a looovely name," the elderly woman replied with a small clap of her hands. "Pleasure to meet you as well. OH! Is that pumpkin juice? I used to drink that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the time when I was a student. Can't drink it as much now, you see. Must watch my figure."

Although one goblet full shouldn't hurt anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post

And his seat was taken, taken by someone that was not him for some strange reason. Dash just stared before he carefully began to fold his cloak and then cleared his throat. "You are probably not aware of it, but this is my chair that you are currently sitting in. I'm not exactly a man bent on possessing silly things like chairs, but I am someone who thinks knowing the alphabet is very important. That being said, A-" Dash held out his arm and pointed over to the right, before pointing it at the left "-to Z. I encourage you to find your rightful spot."
"Oh goodness gracious hEAvens me," Marion exclaimed as she rested one of her delicately old hands on her cheek. "I was not aware that this was your seat!" To which she did consider promptly get out of seeing as it was rather rude to take one's seat without permission. "I tooooooooo find that knowing the alphabet to be a very important skill for one to have."

Yes, she was well aware that that was not what this studmuffin meant, but she was willing to overlook his RUDENESS for the time being seeing as she was the visitor here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1HBIC View Post
... Someone sitting in HER seat, and Dash trying to say it was HIS seat.

"Your seat Dash? I do believe the last time we sat at this table, this seat here..." she said pointing to the one the clearly confused woman was sitting in, "...was my seat, not yours. Your seat is over there, on the other side of Seren." This time she pointed to the empty seat between Seren and Leo... where Dash needed to go sit. "Maybe while you're teaching this woman her alphabet, you can learn yours as well." Because the last time Cece checked the alphabet, Healer came before Herbology while History of Magic came after Herbology, meaning Dash needed to move on over to his own seat and this other woman to wherever she landed in the alphabet.

Or, Cece could just go sit at the end of the table next to Hecate since the transfiguration professor wasn't there yet. She was sure the potions mistress wouldn't mind her sitting there for a bit. Then maybe later she would just make her way down the table next to Vanora. They did have a lot of catching up to do after all.
Before the 70-year-old could act another woman made her appearance - one that was wearing a rather unpleasant expression. "Oh goodness gracious hEAvens me!" All this over a seat? Had it really been THAT long that she had forgotten how professors sat at the opening feast? Then again, she had been far more concerned with the food at the feast when she had been a student than to have paid too much attention to what the professors were doing. "I am sooooooo teeeeeeeeeeeerribly sorry, dear." And she rose out of the seat at once.

She did venture a glance towards the studmuffin before making her towards the other side of the table. "Perhaps we both should find our own seats now, hmmmm?" And an apology for startling her would be much appreciated as well, but that went without saying. Right, Mr. Studmuffin?

Last edited by Marion Burbage; 09-03-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: oh goodness gracious HEAVENS me! Did not see you there Seren!