Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Harold Lagerty
Hogsmeade Shopkeeper
Lobalug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harold "Hops" Lagerty
Graduated
Hops

Well Hops and the students were lucky on the way up to the Castle but had to brave the downpour for a few minutes on their way into the Entrance Hall. Harold was used to storms from back in his youth living in Wales so they didn't bother him and they were nothing a quick drying spell couldn't fix.

Now dry and warm, the Three Broomsticks shopkeeper and owner made his way to the raised dias reserved for the School Staff, and for this evening, guests of honor--himself and the other Board of Governor members. On his way, Lagerty waved to a few familar faces, the student patrons who filled his pub on the Hogsmeade weekends, and strayed close to his old House table of Hufflepuff.

When he reached the table he gave nods and welcomes to the Staff members already congregated there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"Merlin's Beard. I haven't been back here in so many years..." He said looking around the Great Hall. He glanced over at the Slytherin table and smirked. One particular spot. That's where he'd sat. That had been his spot and now... some girl was sitting in it now. She looked to be a fifth year. Mehh no matter. He was on the Dias now.

OH YEAH!

"Thank you headmistress," He said politely and sat down. "This is the life..."
"Evening Ian!" Hops greeted the Secretary warmly with a slap on the shoulder. The man seemed to be in a conversation with a woman who appeared to be the Minister's wife but Hops didn't really mind. "Good to be back in the ole alma mater, huh? Could do without the rain though."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Some things never change, do they?" Cassandra took the seat that Anastasia had pointed out, although her eyes never left the ceiling overhead and the tapestries and the students entering the Great Hall (looking rather rougher than she remembered). My, it brought back so many memories.

Oh, oh! Cassandra took the napkin off the table and dabbed at her eyes as she spotted the first years lining up for the Sorting... with her daughter lurking in the middle of the line and trying not to look half a head taller than those around her. What a special moment, to see one's own child get sorted.
Turning to see where he was sitting, thankfully beside Ian and the new Headmistress and not the strange Lainey broad, Harold saw Cassandra, friend and fellow Board member. "Ah, good evening Madame President, I hear your journey on the Express didn't go quite as planned? You would think it was acting up on our account." He chuckled and held a hand out in greeting. She was always a pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"...and this is where you'll be sitting, Mr. Amoroso, and you, Cassandra," Anastasia was heard saying as she led the way into the Great Hall. A great rumble of thunder shook the hall just as the Headmistress finished speaking and Annie's hand went instinctively to the pretty brooch she had taken to wearing ever since she'd left Egypt.

Merlin knew her old place of employment never saw weather like this gloomy eve. Good thing the children hadn't had to walk, eh? It was about to downpour any second.

"Please have a seat and make yourselves at home. We'll catch up with Professor Lainey shortly, I'm sure." The Headmistress flashed the Governors a tight smile and slid into her throne.
And lastly they had their new hire, Mrs. Truebridge, the one he had been pushing for ever since he saw her application--she was an educator after all and a former Professor and alumni of the School no less! "Good Evening Headmistress." he took her hand and planted a polite kiss on it. "I'm very sorry about your ride on the Express this afternoon, terrible way to start a term I would say. But it is great to see you here safe and sound."

Stay with me I can make, make you glad you came.