View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lezleighd

Special Services to the School
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Tris Annesley
Fifth Year
x9
Default Muggle Studies Rules & Etiquette
*RabidRavenclaw*Nymphadora!*BritneySpearsFanatic* *Eclectic*ZetaTauAlphaPrincess*TexasAngel*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Character Rules:
(For your student)

* Respect Me, Respect Others, Respect Yourself
I mean this will all my heart and soul! Do not be disrespectful to each other or to me. If I feel like you are being disrespectful at all, I will deduct house points. If it continues, you will be given detention.

Also I know that some students are not big Muggle supporters, however, please remember to still be respectful with your answers and your attitudes towards the Professor or you will lose points. She will not put up with rudeness over Muggle things.

* Excessive Talking

Please refrain from chatting during class. We will have a lot to cover in a short time and random chatting only causes distractions. If I would like an open discussion, I will let you know that’s the direction the lesson is taking.

* Be on time-This is a huge pet peeve of mine
Make sure you are on time to the class/lesson. If you are late, DO NOT announce yourself entering late. I will not give a warning for this. If you announce yourself late, then I will deduct house points.

* House Points Alert!!!

There will be opportunities to earn points for your house, but remember that the point of the School RP isn't just about earning house points - it is to ROLE PLAY. Each lesson, students will have the opportunity to earn up to twenty house points; ten from homework, five from class participation, and five for extra credit should a student show exemplary effort. Class participation and homework are voluntary, but if you wish to earn house points, then they are necessary.

* Cheating...no no no!
Do not cheat or plagiarize your answers and homework-Please remember that Hogwarts is like any other school out there, well minus the magic part. Remember to do your own work and come up with your own answers.

* Homework/Assignments
I do not accept late work for any reason. If your homework is not in by the due date, I will not grade it. I live in CST in Texas so all of my homework/assignment times will be in that format.

* 100% and then Some!!!
Always give 100% and then some-I realize that not many students get excited about Muggle Studies, but it can be a fun and interactive class, but it will only be that way if you give it your all. I’ll try to make the lessons fun, but they are only fun with your participation in them.

* Classroom participation is encouraged...ALOT!
I will assign points for classroom participation. I understand that everyone cannot be online all the time, answer each question, or take part in each activity. Missing something does not mean you will not get points. If you and your character have been active in class, trust me, you will.

* Answers

The first answer, is not necessarily the best. If I ask a question, you do not have to rush to be the first to respond. Points will be assigned for effort, rather than speed. Well thought-out, out-of-the-box or creative answers are likely to be marked higher. Stay in character.

* Give others a chance
If I ask the class a question that could have more than one answer, please state only one answer, unless stated otherwise. This ensures that others get a chance to add something new and useful to the discussion, or answer. A three para answer will not be marked higher than a three line one, if the latter is more well thought-out. Quality, not quantity, please.

*HAVE FUN!
I am a fun loving person and I want you to have fun and learn to love Muggle Studies and our and their cultures as I have. And I’m a very friendly person and I love to have fun with you all!

****Special Note: I live in Texas so that’s in CST. I will try to make sure that everyone has sufficient time to participate in each lesson. I will try to post all classes atleast 48 hours in advance if not more. Also, I will post all class announcements and homework assignments in the HoM threads and on your Common Room Threads. Thanks!****

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Updated 8.26.2012

Last edited by Lezleighd; 09-16-2012 at 01:19 PM.