View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
narnia_potter
Hufflepuff
Imp

Default The Hair, the Makeup, the Shoes - Sa9+
I'll be defying gravity April 29th!!!

Hey all! This is my 4th ff here and this one is (hopefully) going to be a series of ficlets. My main story is a work in progress: The Wedding and the other two are finished one-shots: Memories and Christmas Surprise. I also have an account and a running story on Wattpad. My account is: AddyRay and my running story that is non-ff is called The Reluctant Prince on Wattpad found here
The book mentioned is A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson. It's a very good book. I've read it like 4 times I think and I suggest it as a good and easy read if you are looking for one
This one takes place during Goblet of Fire with Ginny and Hermione.
As always, I do not own anything related to Harry Potter--they are all Ms. Rowling's creation.
Edited version is 14 posts below.
Enjoy and please comment

The Hair, the Makeup, the Shoes

There she was—right where I knew she would be—my best friend, advisor, therapist. Sister. She was sitting, reading, in one of the comfy sofas (in the library of course) and there just so happened to be an empty spot right next to her. I stood at the bookshelf across from her and watched her for a moment before I went over to sit next to her. She looked confused. She sighed lightly as she pulled her gray cardigan tighter—it was, after all the first Saturday in December. She was thinking about something, and hard.

“Hey,” I said, sitting down next to her. She started, but just barely.

“Oh, hey Gin,” she replied, only momentarily looking up from her book.

“Whatcha reading?”

“Huh?”

I pointed to her book. She must really be thinking hard about whatever was occupying her mind because she sure wasn’t reading that in-depth.

“Oh, um, it’s A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson. Muggle book. It’s pretty good, really. This is like the third time I’ve read it, I think,” she commented, smiling. She looked up at me and shut the book after carefully placing a bookmark. “Gin, why’d you come up here?”

“Just wanted to talk to you, ‘Mione,” I said immediately, smiling.

“Alright, what do you need to talk about?” She asked, placing the book on the table next to her.

“It’s not important,” I paused. “Spill. What’s got you so confused? I can see it in your face.” She sighed.

“Well, you know how the Yule Ball is at the end of this month?”

“Yeah . . .”

“Well, I got asked,” she said with a small smile.

“Yay! By who? It can’t be Ron . . . otherwise you wouldn’t be able to stop smiling.” She wouldn’t answer.

“Hermione, I don’t care who it is. I want to know. I’m your friend. Tell me,” I said, poking at her.

“Promise you won’t tell?” I nodded.

“Viktor Krum,” she said bashfully.

My mind went blank. Did she really just say Viktor Krum? As in the Viktor Krum?! Whoa. I barely contained a squeal.

“Really?! Wow, Hermione. Then what are you so confused about?” I asked, concern showing on my face.

“I don’t know, Gin. I just don’t know. I mean he’s a great guy. Sweet. Quiet. Nice,” she sighed. “I just . . . he’s not . . .”

“Not Ron," I finished. She nodded slowly.

“Well, I’m just going to give you the same advice you gave me this summer,” I took a deep breath. “Be yourself, go out with other guys and enjoy your time with them, have fun, and he’ll come around,” I said holding her hand in mine and looking straight at her. She smiled—a real, genuine smile.

“Thanks, Gin. I needed that. I guess I needed permission to move on and wait it out.”

“Hey, that’s what I’m here for . . . to be your advisor. Just as you are to me.” I paused then gave her a hug.

“Let’s get out of here,” Hermione smiled as she picked up her book and slipped her arm in mine while we stood.

“Now . . . what are we going to do with your hair? And your makeup? What about the shoes? Oh, and let’s not forget your dress.”

Last edited by narnia_potter; 08-11-2016 at 03:48 AM.