Thread: Staircase
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Oh good. He wasn't illiterate. "Excellent. I'll know just what to buy you for your birthday then." Considering he could read and all. That was assuming she even remembered him on his birthday, but the way their initial encounter had gone, she doubted she would want to buy him even coal.

Ugh. Did he seriously just suggest that she was forgetful? Was it because no woman had dared speak to him as she had? To burst his rather inflated head? Why was she so nosy anyway? She never cared before about people's business or why they were sulking. She should just leave. Be the bigger person. The more mature one.

But then ... his last comment ... stung.

"My problem?!?" She stood up straighter, her books and things held tightly in her arms now. "You want to know what the problem is?! I trip over you because you were just sitting in the middle of the stairwell. Do you offer to help me? NO! You just blame me, as if I was the one not paying attention. As is YOU are the center of everything and people need to go AROUND you." She jabbed her pointer finger at his chest. "But I'll tell you what, Mister.... I'll tell you something."

She paused, making him wait in anticipation. "You're not. You're not all that. You are just a small part of the larger world. Just atoms and molecules.... just particles.... making up a larger being. You are nothing without anyone else."

And with that, she raised her chin defiantly at him, as if to say, she's had her piece. She's done with this. She's done with him. And Alexandria didn't even care that he didn't know her name or that she didn't know his. Let him chase her if he wanted to continue the argument, but she was so done in the stairwell right now.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.