View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 AM

Post J.K. Rowling updates official site about Harry Potter encyclopaedia progress

J.K. Rowling's official website - in addition to announcing the release date for her first-Harry Potter book, The Casual Vacancy - updated the FAQ and Rumours section, including that about the future of the Harry Potter encyclopaedia, and if she would ever write another volume for the world-famous saga.

Will there ever be another Harry Potter novel?
J.K. Rowling:
I have always refused to say ‘never’ to this question, because I think it would be foolish to rule out something I might want to do in a few years’ time. However, I have no immediate plans to write another Harry Potter novel, and I do think that I have rounded off Harry’s story in the seven published books.

What about the Harry Potter Encyclopaedia?
J.K. Rowling:
For a long time I have been promising an encyclopaedia of Harry’s world, and I have started work on this now – some of it forms the new content in Pottermore. It is likely to be a time-consuming job, but when finished I shall donate all royalties to charity.

More FAQs, including tips for aspiring authors on how to get published, and procedures on how to contact the author, can be read here.

Pre-order J.K. Rowling's 480-page The Casual Vacancy now at:

Amazon.com - The Casual Vacancy Hardcover | The Casual Vacancy Kindle
Amazon.co.uk - The Casual Vacancy Hardcover | The Casual Vacancy Kindle