View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
magikewe
Formerly: Hermione Lily Potter
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryant "Finn" Morris
Sixth Year

x4
Hit Wiz love | 1/2 of Bensky | Louisa's baby claw. <3 | kewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamaet View Post
"Exactly!" Lyra said with a laugh and she rolled her eyes at the thousands of parents out there that use common names "I mean, there's nothing wrong with naming your child 'Richard' or 'John' or whatever, but wouldn't it be better if they were unique?" Then her eyebrows furrowed together for a moment in mild concentration before speaking up once more "If I were to have kids, I would probably name them something like Robin - I mean, you don't see a lot of witches or wizards walking around named Robin, right?" Right, she was way too young to start thinking about having kids though. "Oh, well good luck with the ministry position then." She said with an encouraging smile "What department are you aiming for anyway?" At his question, the young blonde shook her head and smiled "Oh, I'm not working at the moment." She said "I just got back from touring the world actually." She admitted with an embarrassed blush, admitting that she had just wasted three years of her life galavanting around the world was making her slightly shameful "I wanted to learn more than what the classrooms had to offer me." Then she smiled and added "and on September, when term starts, I would be enrolling in the Wizarding University at Edinburgh to major in either Wizarding Law or Diplomacy and Wizarding Relations - I haven't quite made up my mind yet."

The girl grinned up at him and winked playfully "Trust me, if I'm wrong, I owe you a treat." She promised. Besides, she was fairly confident that she was right - or at least she hoped that she was. "Yes, at the moment." She said with a nod "But I'm planning on moving to London soon." She admitted with a laugh "Maybe we'll bump into each other once I do." Then she laughed "It's a funny story really." She began "My cousin owled me saying that she needed my help around the house since she was just recently released from the hospital after collapsing out of sheer exhaustion, but then when I got here, I found that she was perfectly fine and that the woman was just itching for company since her daughter was still away at Hogwarts." Crazy cousins. Then the woman rolled her eyes and said "Then I'm going to have to introduce you to my niece someday."

"Either way, I stand by my statement." She insisted as she crossed her arms over her chest and laughed "Even if I haven't seen you play, I think you're a great Quidditch player."

"Wait." She said with a frown "Anymore? Why the past tense?"

"Oh, that must have been fun." She replied with a smile, "I've honestly never played a game of Quidditch with a full team before." She said with a sigh "I don't have a lot of relatives and playing with the guys at Beauxton's is like playing muggle dodge ball in the air." She added wryly. At the mention of Cass, Lyra smiled and said "5th year actually. What about you? Do you have relatives that are still at Hogwarts?"

"I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for the ones in pink." She replied cheekily and just as quietly as she smiled up at him before snuggling closer as the players zoomed past, causing cold air to sweep past them.
Benjy just laughed as Lyra spoke about names. "I do enjoy unique names, and yes, Robin would be very unique and not seen often." He wasn't sure how they got onto the topic of naming their kids but he was fine with it. "And thank you. I'm really not sure which department I want to enter. Maybe MLE but I'm not really sure." Ahh, and she wasn't working. "That sounds like a good way to spend a few years. I wish I had the ability to travel like that..." He probably would be able to, but he had decided to work and get some money saved before he went off having fun.

Oooo, a deal. A treat if Lyra named the teams wrong... too bad that they were announced the way she had called it. "Well, it looks like you had it right. So maybe I owe you a treat." Benjy replied winking before pulling out some of the candy he had bought earlier. "Chocolate frog?" He always got distracted by food so it took a few seconds before he responded to the next statement. "That's quite a story. Also, if you need any help moving in, just let me know and I can help out." Grin. He wouldn't mind helping out, especially if it meant seeing Lyra again. "Once Hogwarts get's out for the summer, I'd be glad to meet her." Now Benjy got a funny smirk. He wasn't sure why but he thought that it had to do with the fact that he had said that he had never met someone that didn't like pygmy puffs.

"I am glad that you are confident in me." Even if she hadn't seen him play. "Next time I meet up with some of my uni buddies, I should bring you along and we can play together." That would be fun, wouldn't it...

"Oh,... I had a half brother. He was four years older than me and..." Sigh... "he was out one night partying with friends and well, he didn't make it home..... He was driving, drunk. Only his best friend who was in the passenger seat survived the crash." At this Benjy averted his eyes, though he wasn't tearing up. He just felt odd telling this story, especially to wizardfolk who may never have driven a car.

But, quickly he made sure to move on to the next subject. "So she has OWLs this year?... and I do actually. This is my cousin's first year. I think she's a ravenclaw like I was." He was so excited to see her and ask her about what she though of Hogwarts.

"Well, if you think the pink players are good then I'm going to have to root for them as well." Benjy gave her a little squeeze just as they flew by. He was really enjoying this. Whoever had paired them up was a genius. "Are you having fun yet?" He asked playfully, just as the puffs took a shot at the hoops.

*Bryant Finn Morris*Lily Potter*Benjy Doherty*