Thread: Other: A Phoenix Sister - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #114 (permalink)
Star Child
Hufflepuff
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brielle Hart
Fifth Year
Default Love you sadie baby

Chapter 46: A dog, a laugh, and doing my job

As we neared the giant archways that led back to the castle Harry carefully laid the invisibility cloak over my head. I clutched the Weasley package tightly to my chest. Harry gave Professor Flitwick an appreciative nod as he waved all of us inside the doors.

Before the doors even shut I was running down the hallway to the nearest empty corridor. I turned the corner when to my surprise a group of hufflepuff kids surrounding a panting black lab.

"Who's there?" one of the called out. The girl strained her neck and looked around, frantic.

"No one is there Sofie," another girl scolded. "You're just being paranoid,"

"Aww leave her alone," an orange haired boy insisted. "If she weren't so paranoid we wouldn't have made it past Peeves,"

"Thank you," the girl, Sofie, turned on her heel and knelt next to the lab. "Now what are we going to do with you?" she asked in a sing song voice.

"I've got a plan,"

"Sure you do tucker," the other girl remarked. "Just like how you 'got' her out of the dorms,"

"Shut up Ashley!" tucker yelled.

"Make me dimwit!" She challenged.

"Both of you shut it," the orange haired guy whispered. "Both of you know what we have to do. We just have to keep her around for another month. Then Jack can come back to hogsmead and take her home," the kids looked at the smiling dog.

"Ok," they all agreed.

"Then lets go," he instructed. Their footsteps echoed down the hallway. "Are you coming Jessy?" Ashley called out.

I gasped out loud. Was this girl somehow a super witch and could see me. Could she sense my epic presence. Were my feet showing?

The boy immediately swiveled to face my direction. "Yeah I'm coming,"he answered, his suspicion was practically pouring from his ears. He jogged to catch up to his friends. The dog's tail was spazzing back and forth.

I let out the breath I'd been holding. Ok so super witch was a stretch, but what was I supposed to think. I mean Jess is a really common name, but...well....I panicked. I slid the cloak off of me and followed my footsteps back to the doors.

"Hi jess," Harry smiled, but I could see the confusion on his face. I placed my best poker face on.

"Hi harry! Did you get me anything from Hogsmead?" I strode beside him and took his hand.

"Yeah some candy...." he handed me some of the candy we got.

"fantastic I'm starving," I told him. "The great hall?" I asked.

"Sure," Harry held the fake smile up for the crowd of people lounging outside the great hall.

The best part of this whole exchange; keeping Harry waiting and harry can't ask because I didn't enter with him so how could i know he was waiting. I pushed the candy into my mouth. Yummy. I looked up at Harry. Yeah, i hope the laugh is worth the curiosity.

Thanks for reading I know I haven't posted since before the holidays, but I hope you guys had a nice winter break. HI NEW READERS!