View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lissydove
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

The Sweetest Thing Lissy De Vil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
No! Read with me. I'm only about 50 pages ahead of you.

Did you have any trouble adjusting to the writing style?
Yay! I left off around page 138 last night before I crashed. So tired the night after working. Anywho. Yes. At first I was unsure if I was going to like the writing style or even if I was gonna get into the book but I think I was starting Part One and all of a sudden I realized I was used to how it is being narrated. Next thing I knew after that, I was 100 pages in. Were you into it right away? How long for you to get used to it?

SPOILER!!: a ponder on book thievery
At this point she has only 'stolen' two books. One at the gravesite and the other from the bonfire. To *me* thief feels stronger then what is happening. She found the first but kept it while knowing who the owner is. I guess that is more stealing than the second is.... I say she saved that one. More like a 'Book Rescuer' then a Thief.

SPOILER!!: the mayor's wife
Even though she just showed Liesel her library and I know she will get to go back based on the description on the back of the book.... I still am unsure what to think about the fact she saw the girl take that book from the bonfire and death's warning that 'she (the mayor) was just waiting for the right moment.' For what? Sounds more ominous than showing her a library. Hm.

SPOILER!!: Rosa
I think it is hilarious how everyone is a filthy pig. And I really like her despite the verbal abuse and hidings. heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
I might re-read this just cuz. IT'S SO GOOD ERN/LISSY/KELVIN YOU WILL CRY.

Probably.
Oh boy. I'm only worried about the crying part. Based on the narrator of the book and quite obviously the theme and setting of the book... yeah.

Yes, do read with us!

... ETHICAL ... ORGANIZED ... ARTISTIC ...
Lissydove is offline   Reply With Quote