View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #256 (permalink)
hpluvr037
Dark Force Defense League
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finnlay 'Finn' Cameron Muir
Fifth Year
x5
Hufflepuff
Ravenpuff | Cap'n Crunch | Bedtime Queen | O Minion, My Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lezleighd View Post

"Now it is important for you to pace yourself as you eat so that you don't finish before others are halfway through. So if you are a slow eater, try to speed up a bit on this occasion so you don't hold everyone up. And if you are a quick eater, slow down." she said eying her lasagna...this was going to be so good and the smell of garlic was just amazing!!! One of her favorites.

"In the next course, we are going to have sourdough rolls. Can anyone tell me what the proper way to eat bread is?" she asked motioning for them to start eating their lasagna...then she took her first bite.
Keefer was totally a shove-it-all-in-as-fast-as-you-can kind of guy. This was going to be tricky. Maybe if I put my fork down in between bites? Yeah, that'll slow me down. He took the first bite. "Mmmmmm!" Those elves sure outdid themselves this time. Exquisite.

Wait, there was a proper way to eat bread? He'd probably been doing it wrong for 16 years. Everything he could think of just sounded rude, but he gave it a shot anyways. Though he would normally raise two hands to answer a question, he only managed one this time due to the lasagna. "Professor, my guess would be to rip it into small, bitesize pieces. But that could be way off." Well, it could.

"I think that if you wanted to, for example, put butter on your roll, you would cut off a moderately-sized piece and put it onto your bread plate. It's probably rude to sit there and keep dipping your knife back in the butter and slathering it all over your roll while people wait. Plus you don't ever want to get crumbs in your butter." Because that would be BAD.

Thanks, Kitakins <3