View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
silver_gitana4
Slytherin
Firecrab

"Always" // "all was well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycplum View Post
Everyone I know is screaming for Alan to get nominated, but there's this sort of elitist "clique" of uber-Alan fans who think it would be an insult if he IS nominated, because they think that A-he deserved it far more for earlier performances (that point I can agree on), and B-the only people who would care are "Snape girly fans" who only discovered who Alan is through the Potter films, and therefore think that Snape automatically equals Alan. Their logic does not resemble normal Earth logic, I think Alan deserves the nomination on the merits of the work he did on the film, and I think if he doesn't get it the only thing it will show is that the Academy is a group of snobs who thought nothing of giving Ian McKellen a nomination for playing Gandalf, but would balk at giving Alan one becuase Harry Potter is "kiddie" stuff. :<
I whole heartily agree. Mr. Rickman has been my favorite actor since i was ten (that seems so long ago ) I may like Snape from the books and certainly from the movies but I can differentiate the two.... Alan Rickman does not equal Snape. I dislike reading what some have posted on forums or sites that they love Snape, or Snape is so cool when the site and or forum is about mr. Rickman I'm also glad that I have never seen any of that on this site Alan Rickman deserves any award he may be nominated for just cause he is a talented actor.

I loved Dan's interviews