View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
"Only someone from magical law would think that was a sufficient enough answer. Why would a civilian check your file? I never understood that," she said with a laugh, not expecting an answer.

And dangit she had made him uncomfortable. SIGHS. She had not meant to do that. Not on her FIRST day anyway. Frowning slightly she averted her eyes and stepped back away from him a bit.

"Well it is nice to see a young man with his head on straight. Truly it is. I do wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors, but truthfully I find that luck often has very little to do with success. Hard work and determination... a little sweat on the brow. That's what success looks like," she said with a nod. She would know.

Extending her hand once more she smiled slightly and looked at him full on this time. "It has certainly been a pleasure Mr. Dakest."
A civilian that was looking to do harm would find a way to check files. At least that was his reasoning, but he kept those thoughts to himself, deprioritizing them for notice of how the woman seemed suddenly....less sure of herself.

He blinked. Had he said something wrong?

Another blink before her words had him chuckling a little bit. "You'd be the first to say that, ma'am. Most people I meet find my head screwed on backwards or sideways." Shaking his head a little he gave the woman a wondrous look of consideration. She really did sound like Tate.

Although he extended his hand to return the shake, he couldn't quite dislodge the feeling that somehow he had knocked her confidence, or at least her mood, down a peg or two. And it was a rather icky feeling. "It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Mrs. Scamander."

He gave a moments pause as he retracted his hand, glancing down the hallway. "I don't suppose you would know if there's a library or archive room in the Ministry?" His eyes returned to hers, pulling off the best sheepish expression he could manage. He knew very well what was where in the Ministry, but perhaps this would give her a small boost of confidence, or directive nature that she had taken towards him what with the ointment and the coffee and the cookie.

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.