View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Erindipity

DMT
Mountain Troll

x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
Four Gryffindors. FOUR?! Sabel was still trying to wrap his head around that number. Around the number of new YATI that were present in the MLE now. It had been nice and quiet with just Emily and Legend and himself, so he wasn't too sure what the new additions would bring. At least it was his last year. One more year and he would become an Auror.

...Somehow four Gryffindor YATI's seemed less scary.

Letting out a slow breath, Sabel tucked the Daily Prophet under his arm as he switched his coffee to his good hand so he could punch the lift button with his other. He couldn't help but catch the streak of pink from the corner of his eye, and for a moment he almost opened his big mouth and welcomed Lexi to the ministry.

Except that the woman was not Lexi. His face fell slightly. Not Lexi at all.
Okay... this was awkward. Sighing slightly Tamara stopped groping herself and looked slightly bashfully at the young man that had just come up and punched the button on the lift.

"Dear! What happened to your hand? I have some salve in my purse that will probably fix that right up!" she said as she began to dig around without waiting for an answer. A mother NEVER waited for an answer. She pulled out a baggie of wipes... No. Then a phial of... something purple. Noooo. AHA! There it was! "Here, you take this. Apply it twice a day for 4 days and I promise you whatever the problem is it will fix it. And I am so sorry... I seem to have lost my manners at the bottom of this bag. I am Tamara Scamander. One of the new Ministry Advisors." She eyed him for a moment and then took his coffee from his unbandaged hand and extended hers to him. Yes. Be a good lad and shake my hand, sonny boy.