Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #87 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
Default Chapter Eleven: Part Two
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Aww, thank you so much Katherine! It means a lot And thank you for all your lovely comments Rachel

I was out of my chair as soon as the words let Professor Dumbledore's mouth. I had no idea where he was planning on taking me, but it was obviously somewhere incredibly important. He walked down the small set of steps behind his desk, and I followed, Professor McGonagall closing up the rear. I stood there, wondering if he was going to take me through the same tunnel he'd taken me through before.

"Am I leaving Hogwarts?" I ask him.

"Yes. It is no longer safe for you here I am afraid," Professor Dumbledore whispered back. I watched him as he pulled out his wand, strategically hitting three points around the wall in front of us. I waited, assuming this was another way to get the tunnel to reveal itself, but to my surprise nothing happened. Well...at least at first it seemed like nothing was happening until suddenly I felt the walls on either side of us turn to cement. We were going underground.

It was only a matter of moments before the cement block stopped. We stood there, me waiting for something to happen, and literally right after the thought the walls began to turn, continually going until a door way was revealed in front of us. I couldn't help my eyebrows from going up slightly as I spotted a completely furnished living room, much like the look of the Gryffindor Common Room.

Dumbledore led to me into the small area, gesturing that I should take a seat on the couch as he pointed his wand at the fire place, illuminating the stone room with the bright flames. "I am afraid you are going to need to stay here for a little while," Professor Dumbledore said after a few moments of silence.

"What is happening?" I ask him.

"I believe that Voldemort is attempting to create scenarios where you will have to be expelled from Hogwarts. While your incident with Professor Snape was obviously unintentional, somehow the word traveled back to him. I believe he was hoping that his death eaters stationed in the ministry would be able to haul you off themselves, and once alone with them they would end you life."

I still completely still, Professor McGonagall herself gripping the back of the arm chair in front of her for support.

"How do you know this for sure Albus?" McGonagall finally manages to get out.

"Severus warned me that he felt Voldemort had something intended for Abby. He is still trying to figure out what exactly he is planning on doing with Abby's mother, but he knows for sure that Voldemort sees Abby as a major hindrance on his plan to get to Harry."

I let out a little sigh. I looked at Dumbledore. Now was the time to tell him about the incident with Draco.

"When I attacked Professor Snape," I started, clearing my throat slightly. "I was meeting with Draco Malfoy before. He told me that Voldemort has given him the assignment to kill you."

Dumbledore stared at me, waiting for me to continue. "I am afraid I already know this from Severus, but the fact that Draco is turning to you for help makes me feel even more powerfully that he does not want to kill me."

"Of course he doesn't want to kill you," I said, surprised that Dumbledore was even having doubts about this. "Draco may be a lousy individual but he is not a murderer. I think his hands are probably very tied."

"Oh yes, they are," said Dumbledore with a nod. "I have no doubt that he's not a murderer, but given the right pressure I believe he would kill me.

"I beg to disagree," I say with a stern stare.

"Perhaps that's why he's come to you. Did he tell you anything else?"

"He told me not to bind myself to Harry, and that Voldemort has plans for my mother and I."

Suddenly a look of deep concern was on Dumbledore's face.

"What?"

"I believe that Voldemort intends to have your mother kill you."

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go