View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Presley Black
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Xavier Rodriguez Fullmer
First Year
Dancing Through Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Elliot hugged tightly to her father's side. Not that she was actually hugging him, but she was standing very near him. The man was walking fast, and Elliot had to struggle to keep up with him. A nice-looking lady holding the hands of two young girls. As they neared the train, Elliot looked up at her father in full admiration, a full smile not only on her lips, but also twinkling in her eyes.
"Bye," she said simply, as the rather stoic man simply glared down at her.

Darius was running late. He had about a million appointments today...but his eldest daughter had begged him to see her off, seeing as he hadn't been home much this summer. He was still a little angry about her galavanting all over Egypt with the Blacks, without his full permission. He'd have to talk to Jed about that. Hmph. As his daughter said bye, he merely patted her on the head. This was actually a very affectionate action for the very tough man. A smile never crossed his face, however; in fact, his eyes even looked a little dead.
"Remember, Elliot Mitchell: you are a Morganzo. You must act like one. You've yet to disappoint me. Keep it that way, Miss Morganzo," he coughed out, his voice sounding rusty and deep. As he looked into his daughter's eager eyes, eyes that only truly looked happy when they were pleasing him, he managed to feel something stir inside of him. Call it love, or what you will, but he immediately kissed the top of her forehead, something he NEVER did.

Elliot was ecstatic. She almost cried of utter happiness! Darius had NEVER kissed her before, or hugged, or anything! She glanced behind the huge man, and waved goodbye to her annoying mother and sisters...she glanced around, saw Presley and waved at her, motioning that she would see her on the train.
"I won't, father. I won't. I expect you'll write to me?" she asked, standing up straight as she threw her lacy backpack on...and her very expensive luggage behind her.

Darius glanced over to the people his daughter was waving to, recognized the two young Blacks, and merely glared at them...Ugh. He was still angry. They had taken his precious daughter around...and with only a house elf as her caretaker! He wasn't really paying attention to Elliot's question, so he had to quickly answer.
"Oh, yes. Certainly. Whatever you want, Elliot Mitchell," he replied, taking out his wand to get ready to leave. He thought about his next few business ventures and immediately made a mental note to leave the manor under extra security measures. Elliot would be safe at Hogwarts. He apparated off, leaving behind Elliot's mother and sisters without even kissing them goodbye. Not enough time for that.

Elliot had walked off, but when she turned around to wave goodbye, he was gone. She sighed, narrowed her eyes, and had to crinkled up her face in order to stay calm. no tears. She headed toward the train, regretting ever even asking him to come. he only made her feel worse!
Leo hugged his little sister tightly one last time. "D'you need me to put these on the train for you?" When she replied that she would manage, he said goodbye and apparated away.

Presley noticed Elliot, but pretended to be occupied with something in the opposite direction, noticing the rather nasty look Elliot's father had given Pres. She waited until she was quite sure Mr. Morganzo had gone before walking, ladylike and proper (her mother was still there) over to Elliot. "Elliot Morganzo," she said cheerily. "It's nice to see you here." Curtsying to Mrs. Morganzo, she recognized the woman the way she'd been taught. "Mrs. Morganzo," she murmured.

Elliot must be glad her father came to see her off Presley thought enviously. Her father hadn't bothered to see her since he threatened to cut off her funds the first day of holidays if Presley didn't "shape up and fly right." But Presley's mood couldn't be soured today of all days. It was her birthday. Today Presley was thirteen, and to top all of that off, she was going back to Hogwarts. Back to witches and wizards and magical things, goblins and ghosts and to magical beasts. It was so exciting to think that this year she was a third year. Allowed to visit Hogsmeade (not that she hadn't snuck out and explored there before), allowed to have elective classes, and one step closer to convincing Tate that her plan was a good one.