View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #65 (permalink)
slytherus
Formerly: Hayden
Slytherin

DH Ficlet Rookie
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nero Perseus Ballarat
First Year
☆ Always Potterhead ☆ SSRPG Addict ☆ Coffee Addict ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonionNW View Post
"Right. And I'm sure she's excited to get back out there, too," Ethan added. He would've bet ten galleons that Lights was just itching to get back into the field. As Dean replied, Ethan's lie detector went off. The lack of hesitation before responding, the uncertainty of Dean's voice, the lack of eye contact. "You're lying," he said casually, "It's alright if you don't want me in MLE, just say it. I can always tell when somebody is lying, though. Remember, I have a four year old son..."
"Well, I can't wait to see the usual Lights again," smiled the younger/older (how old was Ethan again?) man. Dean sipped his slurpy instead of scooping it out. "Why would I lie? To have more MLE employee means the larger the family, right?" because to him, the MLE was like his family. The calmness in his voice should convince Ethan. Hopefully.

To change the topic, "How's your kids doing? Did you tell them what happened to their sister?" Dean bet he didn't tell his children. They were still young. They shouldn't have to face such a cruel truth at this age.