View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #63 (permalink)
slytherus
Formerly: Hayden
Slytherin

DH Ficlet Rookie
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nero Perseus Ballarat
First Year
☆ Always Potterhead ☆ SSRPG Addict ☆ Coffee Addict ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonionNW View Post
Ethan leaned against the counter, his chin in his palms. "It's tough. But we're pulling through, and at least Lights now only has herself to worry about," he said. The optimism seemed important. It was helping Ethan get over what he had done to know that Lights and his kids would be much safer now that that beast Trystan Bones no longer even existed.

Ethan stood back up and dropped. Few pounds of his own on the counter to pay for his own slurpee. He wasn't about to make Dean pay for him. "I've considered reapplying for MLE. I love being in control of things on a behind-the-scenes level in Maintenance, but I can't help feeling that I could better protect Lights if I were in MLE. I actually made an Unbreakble Vow with her that I'd always love and protect her, until our deaths. That was our wedding..." Ethan's voice trailed off as he looked off at nothing in particular and smiled, remembering the day vividly.
That's right. Keep on being positive. Once must not dwell in the past to move forward, Ethan. "Looking on the bright side, she can now get back in the field job, right?" a faint smile visible on the the stubbled face as Dean could not fully smile after Lights told him everything that happened between them.

He felt his heart sank when Ethan mentioned that he would apply for a job in the MLE. "That's great!" he quickly made up a lie to cover up his doubts. Dean already had a draft of report on the other employee that he kept locked in his drawer protected with powerful curses he knew. His drawer was that important to him. Who knew how many secrets he had in there?