Thread: Other: A Phoenix Sister - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #110 (permalink)
Star Child
Hufflepuff
Streeler

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brielle Hart
Fifth Year
Default Chapter 45

Chapter 45: That is not my job

Harry and I walked the streets of Hogsmead still laughing our butts off at our 'exit' from the shrieking shack.

"It was not that funny," Harry protested.

"Harry," i stopped and turned to face him. "As we ran out screaming you tripped on the sign that read 'careful icy', did a summersault, and face-planted into the only spot of mud in a kilometer radius!"

"Yeah, but," Harry started to adjust my hood so that it covered my face, "as my sister aren't you supposed to care about my pain and help me up,"

"No," Ginny strode up to us, "Its her job as a sister to laugh and point and then trip you again,"

"How thoughtful," Harry remarked. He reached out for her hand and pecked her on the cheek.

"Speaking of thoughtful," she pulled a bulky brown package out of her cloak, "A present from the Weasleys,"

"Thanks!" I screamed and then peered over my shoulder, "Where is everybody?" I questioned.

"Probably heading back to the castle," Harry explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"Jess, sweetie," Ginny took a step closer, "Its practically dark out," My cheeks burned with embarrassment as sure enough the sky was a burning violet and how i had managed to keep from the cold was beyond me.

"Awww, its ok," Harry wrapped his arms around me and gave me a bear hug, "We can always illegally sneak you out of Hogwarts,"

"I'm fine," I looked down at me feet but my hands were in the way, "Ahhh present!" I yelled, shocked, "......." i looked up at Harry and Ginny, "Sorry, bird brain,"

"Ha ha ha haaa!!!" They both burst out laughing and I couldn't help but join them.

"Ohh, oohhh my god, 'bird brain' CLASSIC!"

"Ok," i wiped the tears from the corners of my eyes, "It wasn't that funny. You can stop now," His response was to look me in the eyes and laugh with a revived hysteria. I trudged further down the road, my pride wounded. They both jogged to catch up to me.

They laced their fingers through mine; Harry still hollering. Ginny leaned in close, "Sorry sweetie, its his job too,"

Thanks for reading. Its starting to dawn on me exactly how long Jess's birthday is going. Of course if we all had our way the day of our birthday would be longer than the month of August. I know its weird, i posted in a normal time span. Its been 10 DAYS!!! Shut up voice!!!! Anyways if i don't post soon Happy Hanukah, and if i still don't post Merry Christmas.