View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Post Rupert Grint, David Yates comment on end of Harry Potter films & possible reunions

Rupert Grint and director David Yates recently commented on the possibilities of having Harry Potter reunions now that the series has completed, including the DVD/BD release of the final installment, Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (out Friday in its last international home video market, the United Kingdom). Yates joked with the Los Angeles Times about having a Harry Potter Anonymous with several of his actors and J.K. Rowling, while Rupert was more wistful and hopeful about a reunion in a new interview with BBC Newsround. Highlights of those can be read below.

David Yates: "It’s so hard to contextualize. I’m not sure how I feel. I’ve gotten much more opportunity, I know that, but how do I feel? I feel … well, I’m still in recovery, frankly. I’m recovering from six and half years of incredibly intense schedules and expectations.

"I have post-Hogwarts Syndrome. We were joking last night that we were going to form HPA, Harry Potter Anonymous …. Helena Bonham Carter and [franchise producer] David Heyman, Jo Rowling, all of us will have yearly meetings and stand up. ‘Hello my name is David, I was a ‘Potter’ director ….‘ We need some sort of therapy together. How do I feel? I feel proud of the work and I feel glad that it’s behind me now, the weight of it and the responsibility of it. I’m looking forward to the next thing."

"I’m looking forward to the next thing because I think once I’m on set and I’m going, ‘Action!’ and there’s no one in a wizard’s gown in front of the camera and no one with a wand, and [the scene is set] in Los Angeles and today, then I’ll be [past 'Potter'],” Yates said. “But I loved Jo Rowling’s world and sensibility and everything that came from visiting that world."

Rupert Grint: "A reunion does sound good. This has been such a big part of all our lives, hopefully we'll all stay in touch. It's going to be weird when the last DVD comes out and when it slowly starts to fade and go quiet," he said.

"Then I'm going to realise that it really is over. It's kind of sad really."

"It becomes clear how long it's been and how much of our lives this has taken over. It's all good memories, I've loved every minute of it so it's very sad that it's over.

"For me, I'll always love the third one, and this one is such a great way to end I think, it's a really huge epic story that's got everything in it - love, death, it's really quite emotional."

Order the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 DVD and Blu-ray sets, out today in the U.S. and December 2 in the UK, at the Amazon links below, or through the official Warner Bros Shop.

Amazon.com (US) - Deathly Hallows 1-disc DVD | Deathly Hallows 1-disc Blu-ray | Deathly Hallows 3-disc Blu-ray triple play | The Complete 8-Film Collection DVD | The Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray

Amazon.co.uk (UK) - Deathly Hallows 1-disc DVD | Deathly Hallows 3-disc 3D Blu-ray | Deathly Hallows 3-disc Blu-ray triple play | Deathly Hallows 2-disc DVD | The Complete 8-Film Collection DVD | The Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray | The Complete 8-Film Collection BD limited edition