Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
Connie
Gryffindor
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Janet Lynn Gordon
Fifth Year
Werecats are people too! Reader of Fan Fictions

Hey Allison, great chapters! I keep checking to see if you posted a new chapter and realized I hadn't commented yet. Anyway, I am quite anxious to read how you get through the rest of the book. When Harry let Dumbledore know about Draco having the Dark Mark, and his suspicions about him; Dumbledore gave him the brush off. (grrrrrr I was so mad at him for that.) He can't brush them off because Draco wouldn't make up a story like that and tell Dumbledore, so he'd have to believe him. And yet if he says he knows about it, then how would he keep up the subterfuge? But Abby is correct in thinking they should tell Dumbledore.

I love how you wrote this;
Quote:
I could now see Draco out of the corner of my eye, him too walking slightly ahead of Crabbe and Goyle that were waddling along behind him, struggling to keep up with his pace. I had been reading over the summer a book about phoenixes and the ability of mind communication. Theoretically speaking since phoenix animagi could read the thoughts of the people around them, they could naturally send their thoughts to someone as well. However this process was incredibly different, and being able to break through the protective shield of the person's mind was not easy by any means. I knew my powers had gotten so much stronger recently that I figured if there was ever a time for me to be able to do it, it was now.
I love your writing, what can I say?

Great writing Allison, love your ff. I'll be watching for your next chapter.