View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 02:19 AM   #72 (permalink)
AlwaysSnapesGirl

St Mungos Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

MO & DMLE
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ezra Hensley
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Schultz
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
"Pleasure to meet you too, Sir." Or how was she supposed to adress him? With Erica it had been easier. Sighing under her breath Clarissa got totally baffled when the new department head complimented her for doing a fine job. How did he know if she was good and efficient at what she did? Had Mr Belamonte briefed him about all of them? Probably. Remembering something she had wondered for awhile she asked "Sir, was it you who put in the new albinbo bloodhound kennel and training area?"
Ahh, she'd noticed the Albino Bloodhound area. Observant, she was. "No, not really me," Atticus replied, shaking his head. "That was mostly the doing of Rafael Belmonte." She knew he filled in as the Creatures Department Head for awhile, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmy_lvr_4evr View Post
Violet brushed her hair back and smiled. "Atticus it is," she said. She had actually expected him to want to be called by his first name. Most people did. But she had decided to go a bit more on the formal side, just in case. Looks like it hadn't been necessary. Oh well. "It's nice to meet you, too!" she replied. "But if I'm to call you Atticus, you must call me simply Violet, please!" Violet shrugged one shoulder, acknowledging his next statement that what she'd done was thoughtful. "It was the least I could do..." she said a bit dismissively. Violet didn't really want to make this conversation about her. "I want to make you feel welcome, and not claustrophobic. So...I hope you're enjoying yourself as Department Head, so far?" she asked. Not that he'd had a very long time to enjoy, yet, but that wasn't the point.
"Violet it is then," Atticus replied with a chuckle. Then, when she asked whether he was enjoying being the Department Head, he shrugged but smiled. "I am. I haven't done very much yet, and I haven't been here for very long - but yes, I'm enjoying it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabo View Post
"Pleasure to meet you too Sir, how's your day been so far?" she asked. This person seemed quite nice. She was defenitly going to enjoy working here. She was hoping her Department Head would be nice and her wish came true. She might rather be out with the Dragons right now, but she had to meet her Department Head first and come to the confrence room.
"Quite good," he replied with a smile. It was still only morning, but so far, the day was going pretty well. Better than he'd expected it, even. "How has your morning been?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Lupin-Black View Post
Deciding it was time to introduce herself to the Department head, Ariehn walked up to Mr. Aldredge, overhearing him respond to one of the other employee about his name, changed her course of action. Extending her hand she said, "Sir it is a pleasure to meet you. I get the feeling that calling you Mr. Aldredge will cause you to become slightly exasperated, so I'll call you Atticus if that is agreable to you. My name is Ariehn Matthews, but you may call me Ari. I'm 19 years old and work in the BEING division of the Department of Magical Creatures."
Ah, this one must've overheard his conversation with Violet - she already knew that he preferred being called by his first name. "Thank you," he said with a nod, accepting her extended hand and shaking it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ari." She was quite young, it seemed, but Atticus was sure she would be just as good an employee as the older ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Amy... was... late!

This was not like her AT ALL! She wasn't one to be devoted to her work but... when it came down to it, she had to get things done. It was an absolute MUST for the brunette! And yet, here she was, walking towards the conference room, knowing that she was probably going to burst in mid talk.

... What a way to make a first impression.

Despite being late, she wasn't going to run. That would just make things worse! Imagine running midway through a meeting and not being able to apologise properly because you needed to get your breathe back? No no NO!

And sure. The door was shut. Great(!) Amy walked up and pushed the door open to find...

Holy Hippogriffs! This room was PACKED! Merlin, were there usually this many people in this department? She tore her eyes away from the people in the room and looked over at the Department Head who was standing near the door. He was greeting people... not too late then.

"Good morning Mr Aldredge," she said, holding out her hand for the man, "The name's Amy. Amy Lynch." Did she have to say what position she held within the department? No? Okay.
"Good morning, Miss Lynch," Atticus replied, shaking her extended hand. It seemed the amount of arrivals was winding down, so the meeting would finally be starting very soon. He decided he'd wait to tell the rest what he preferred to go by 'til then. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeea View Post
Laurel walked down the hall a little quickly in her heels. She had realized that she was going to be late for the first meeting with the Magical Creatures staff. When she had reached the conference room she peaked her head in and noticed a man standing by the door greeting people as they came in. She immediately thought, "Oh, this must be Mr. Aldredge.." She ran a few fingers through her hair fixing it, then she brushed her skirt making sure there was nothing on it. Laurel composed herself and walked into the conference room. She smiled brightly at Mr.Aldredge and said in her usual light tone,"Good morning, Mr.Aldredge.." Laurel then lightly extended her hand continuing,"I apologize for my tardiness, I'm still trying to get used to the building.." She finished with,"My name is Laurel, Laurel Bellefleur.."
"Good morning, Miss Bellefleur," Atticus replied, shaking the woman's extended hand. "It's quite alright - the meeting has not started yet, so you're right on time as far as I'm concerned." He smiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephani View Post
angelina trot down the aisle because she was almost late to first meeting with the entire staff of magical creatures, as a new employee she didn't want to give a bad impression, when almost at the front door of the meeting room. She walked a little slower and fix itself. so she immediately entered the room and this first time she meet her ​​boss Mr. Aldredge,

"hello Mr. Aldredge, my name is angelina watson, I am a new employee in this department."
says angelina
"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Watson," Atticus replied, giving her a polite smile and nod. "Welcome to the Department. We're happy to have you here."

--

So. Time to start, yes?

Atticus excused himself from the last person he was talking to then made his way to the front of the room. "If I could have your attention please?" he said then waited until they all fell silent before continuing. "Good morning to you all! I hope your morning is going well. If you haven't already, feel free to help yourself to the donuts, bagels, tea, and coffee there on the table. Take as much as you want - I can always provide more if we run out." Hopefully they wouldn't though, and hopefully they wouldn't eat and drink too much. Employees hyped up on too much sugar and caffeine would not be pleasant. They were all adults, so they knew when to stop, yes?

"Anyway, for those who don't know me," which was fewer than he'd thought since many seemed to already know his name, "my name is Atticus Aldredge, but I'd prefer you all call me Atticus. If there's anything you'd rather I address you as instead of your last name, let me know, if you haven't already." He couldn't read minds after all, so if they wanted to be referred to by their first name or something like that, they'd have to speak up.

"Now, to begin this meeting, I'd like to go around the room and have each of you tell me what your position is in this department and what you have been working on recently. You don't have to give specifics - I'd rather you didn't, actually, as that is what reports and paperwork are for," he'd submitted himself to the fact that, no matter what, he'd have to get used to doing a lot of reading about these things, "and I'm sure there are some things that are not meant for anyone else's ears - just give tell me a general idea and whether you were successful or not."

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger