View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 04:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Stormdancer

DMC & DMAC
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bennett Potter
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Ward
Ravenclaw
First Year
Toto * RotiSila * ToRo * Braveheart * Grandma & Mama Tori

SPOILER!!: Sabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
Sabel had both given and received a few different types of looks in his lifetime, but there wasn't one look quite like the one he was giving now that he had ever seen or displayed before. He wasn't too sure what it all entailed, but he did know its most general expression was that of disbelief.

"Let me get this straight, you don't want me to trust you." He pointed his finger a little at the man before waving it around slightly in thought. "But you want me to take my time in trusting you. However, ultimately, you cannot be trusted when your closest friends say you can be?"

Either he was really confused or Jaxton was really confused. Where that line was drawn was getting rather fuzzy. "If you can't give me a reason to trust you, I'm not going to waste my time looking for one." He would be slotted in with the others and when this whole mess was over, he would decide what he thought of the man through his actions.

"I would suggest, Mr. Jaxton, that you don't start your offer of trust with relation to my career." Ikenna had threatened him with his career, Wrekin had done well enough of the same and he was sure laughing Berty Borr would do the same if he was given the chance. Actually, he was fairly sure he had been told by the man he didn't have a career in signing. What a kill-joy.

"Yes... and no." Jaxton said, holding in the sigh that he wanted to let go. This kid just wasn't getting that he should be paranoid. "I know that I'm not a bad guy. I'm here for the MLE," aka anti-cult-everything, "and I've been an Auror for as long as I can remember." He paused and looked at Sabel. "I have plenty of knowledge that I'm happy and willing to share."

He wasn't entirely sure what Sabel wanted to hear. "Were you never told not to let your friends dictate your actions?" He paused. "If you were friends with Alpha. And Alpha wanted to do drugs - would you? Or if Alpha wanted to run away with Beta and not tell anyone apart from you - could you let them do it?" He asked. "I am trust worthy, however your perception of me, should be made based on your own judgements - and it shouldn't be a collaboration of the judgements and feelings of those you work with. That is how you end up following Omega to hell and back." He said with a nod of his head. He wasn't fully sure if that made sense, but it made sense to him.

"How about the simple fact that I have been in one form or another, a part of a Ministry and its training schemes since I left my Magical Academy... and I've been on placement," aka missions, "more times than I care to remember. And I'm still here. I'm obviously doing something right." He said with a nod of his head. He wasn't going to explain himself to Sabel more than that. He was worth trusting - but that trust had to be earned between them.