Thread: Character: The Phoenix - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
Wonderstruck
Gryffindor

SS Featured Writer
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jeremy Bradford
Fifth Year
Default Chapter Ten: Part Two
"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."

Ron was up and out of the bench and heading towards the door before Harry, Hermione, or I had a chance to respond. Down the ways a little were Dean and Ginny who had raised their eyebrows slightly at Ron's sudden and dramatic exit.

"Well go after him Harry!" Hermione snapped as Harry just sat there looking somewhat bemused. At Hermione's sharp tone Harry was up and out of his own seat almost as quickly as Ron had gotten out of his. I shot him a good luck look before returning my attention to my goblet orange juice in front of me. I could feel Hermione's eyes were glaring at me but I didn't look at her. Honestly while the whole thing with Ron had been interesting I was more concerned about Draco whose feelings I could sense from all the way over here, and whose thoughts were constantly streaming of ways that he and I could talk.

And then it hit me. At the game would be the perfect time to do it. After all everyone would be so distracted with the game that no one would notice that the two of them weren't there at the same time right?

"Honestly Abby, are you listening to a word that I've just said?" Hermione snapped.

I fixed my focus back to her. "I'm not really sure that there's much that we can do about it now," I said with a little shrug. "We might as well just go to the game and cheer on our house."

With that I stood up and started to head towards the exit of the great hall with the increasing herd of people that were also heading to the pitch. Hermione had gotten up and was following along behind me. I could tell that I had confused her by not being more upset about the whole situation than I was, but really it was because I knew for a fact that Harry hadn't actually poured anything in, and two this was my moment to send a signal to Draco to meet me under the bleachers at the game. Besides, letting Hermione be someone indignant about the whole matter made it seem more like Harry had actually done it.

I could now see Draco out of the corner of my eye, him too walking slightly ahead of Crabbe and Goyle that were waddling along behind him, struggling to keep up with his pace. I had been reading over the summer a book about phoenixes and the ability of mind communication. Theoretically speaking since phoenix animagi could read the thoughts of the people around them, they could naturally send their thoughts to someone as well. However this process was incredibly different, and being able to break through the protective shield of the person's mind was not easy by any means. I knew my powers had gotten so much stronger recently that I figured if there was ever a time for me to be able to do it, it was now.

Of course there was the chance that by mistake I would end up sending the thought to someone else or that I would not be able to send it at all. But Draco was getting closer, and if I didn't act quickly I was going to miss my opportunity.

With as much thought as I could muster I struggled to send my thought to Draco.

Meet me under the bleachers in five minutes.

After I was sure that I had sent the thought out I looked at Draco who had a look of utter confusion all across his face. Yes...it had definitely worked. Hermione was now walking along next to me, with Ginny and Dean close by. I kept my face neutral, even though inside I was so excited that I had managed to send the thought successfully. Of course there was no way to know whether or not Draco would show up, but from what I could tell he was going to. Whatever he wanted to talk to me about was important and he was going to take advantage of this opportunity.

As we got closer to the pitch I stopped. "Oh darn!" I mumbled, letting out a little sigh.

"What is it?" asked Hermione.

"I forgot my scarf back at the table. I completely forgot I had taken it off. You guys go ahead and save me a seat. I'll catch up with you."

Hermione, Dean, and Ginny gave a little nod of the head, none of them questioning the excuse that she gave them. I headed back towards the castle, making sure that they were out of earshot before I rounded back around and stealthily snuck under the bleachers. Draco was already there, free of his goonies, and was half hiding behind one of the wooden posts. I headed over quietly, checking to make sure that no one was around before I looked him in the eyes. Luckily the people above us provided some background noise with the sound of their feet shuffling along the bleachers and the chatter of the pre-game excitement.

"How did you do that?" Draco asked, a scared tone coming through his words.

"It's something phoenix animagi can do. I wasn't sure if it would work or not...luckily it did."

"Yeah...luckily," Draco said after a moment, shooting a couple of looks around.

"You don't have to worry...we're alone," I said with an encouraging nod. "So tell me...what is it that you need my help with?"

Draco was silent for a couple of moments before stepping forward to close the already miniscule amount of space before us. Leaning forward Draco bent down slightly to whisper something in my ear.

"It has to do with your mother and what the Dark Lord has planned for us all."

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go