View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Post First cast photos & interviews from Harry Potter Leavesden Studio tour

The first photos of the cast at the Warner Bros Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter on Wednesday, including Rupert Grint, were released by the Associated Press, including several new comments from the cast about the sets of the Harry Potter films at Leavesden. The cast reminisced about their times filming the films on set, and joked about working as tour guides if their acting careers didn't work out.

Remember that SnitchSeeker and fans will be taking part in a live webchat less than an hour from now. We will have a new live post set up for that at exactly 3pm BST, so stay tuned for that.

"I get shudders down my spine every time I walk back in there," said Tom Felton, the 24-year-old actor who played Harry's Muggle-hating Hogwarts rival, Draco Malfoy. "Immediately, as soon as you go back it just fires up a decade's worth of memories.

"I remember the first time I went in there — it was on camera. (Director) Chris Columbus specifically didn't want us to see it before filming, because we were only 11-year-old kids. So, our reaction when we walked in there was pretty much genuine."

"The attention to detail and the care and the thought is breathtaking, and still is to us, even after eight films," said actor Mark Williams who played Arthur Weasley, father of Harry's best friend Ron. "You'd go on set and go, 'Bloody hell, it works!'

"I think people will be amazed about what was created as a physical prop rather than fixed later in the computer," added Warwick Davis, who played Hogwarts charms master Prof. Filius Flitwick and the goblin Griphook.

"Certainly for me, the filming experience on these was quite different to the work I'd done on 'Star Wars,' in the sense that stuff was here and real," said Davis, who appeared in both "Return of the Jedi" and "The Phantom Menace."

"I hope people will come on the sets and feel the warmth on the sets, and the experiences that have been here," said Bonnie Wright, who played Ginny Weasley in the films. "They're really lived in, all the sets. They don't feel just like a studio, they do feel like a world."

"It's lovely to see the redevelopment," Davis said. "I just wish they'd done it before we filmed them. We spent years here in the damp and cold, and now I see these beautiful studios, with roofs."

Felton says he hopes to return one day to shoot a new film here.

"And if the work dries up," he said, "we can always come back and be tour guides."