View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
XenoLongbottom
Ravenclaw
Jarvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Tabitha Mason
International Cooperation

Chapter 5

They were now on speaking terms again. He told her of his friends, Ron and Hermione, and all their jokes and their games. As he was talking, Lexi had a sinking feeling of being replaced. She was now no longer the best thing in his life.
Over the next month though, Harry stopped talking about Ron and Hermione and seemed to be in dismay. One day he seemed so depressed, Lexi just had to ask.
“Harry? What’s wrong?” she questioned.
“It’s just…” He looked at his feet. “Ron and Hermione hadn’t written to me all summer. I feel so alone; as if I’m completely out of our world; as if I’m excluded.”
Lexi was sad for Harry, but she was grudgingly becoming happier about her becoming the center of his world again. She smiled and said, “Harry, you know just how I felt all year.”
He looked up at her. “What do you mean?”
“As in I’ve feel like I was excluded from your world, and now your back, but soon your gonna be back in your world.” She stared at him, trying to see if this would pass through his male mind.
He looked at her and finally replied, “Do you really feel excluded?” She looked down and nodded. “Then I’ll write to you.” He told her this with such force she couldn’t believe it.
“Are you serious Harry?”
“Serious,” he answered.
She hugged him, hugged him with all her strength. “Thank you Harry. I can’t wait to hear from you.”
That was the last time they talked for three years.

Over the next few years, Harry wrote to her about many things, but he always left out many holes in his stories. She would always find the letter on her doorstep, hours before the postman even arrived. But they began getting fewer and fewer, and suddenly they stopped. And every summer he would come back, but only for two weeks at the most and he was usually locked in his bedroom.
The next time she saw him, it had been three years. They had all matured a great much. Lexi’s hair was a nearly black, and she seemed to begin wearing a lot more dark colors. Harry’s style seemed to grow a bit more fashionable. Instead of Dudley’s old and disgusting jumpers, he got a lot more t-shirts and jeans that fit him.
Lexi truly did miss him, more than even she could imagine, but what was she supposed to do? She couldn’t go over to his house, and he would never come to her house, so they just stayed on the opposite sides of the street, trying not to think of each other.
These days a rumor had been spread about that strange Potter boy. He was now supposedly going to St. Brutus’ Secure Center for Incurable Criminal Boys. All the children were told to stay away from him in the summer, while he aimlessly walked around the streets scrounging in the trash cans for things unknown.
But Lexi didn’t believe it. She knew Harry couldn’t a criminal, and plus his friend Hermione was a girl, which would be strange at an all boys school. The real people you had to worry about were Dudley and his gang, who enjoyed beating up ten year olds on the playground.
One day, Lexi’s baby brother Joey, who had recently turned nine came running in the house with a black eye. Instead of letting his mother see, he walked up to Lexi’s bedroom, which now was a pine green. When she opened the door, her brother hugged her around the middle and began to sob.
“Oh my Gosh Joey, what happened?” She had always had a soft spot for her baby brother, no matter how annoying he got.
Between his tears he told her, “Dudley’s gang beat me up on the playground!” He began to sob even harder.
She sat down on her bed with little Joey in her lap. Dudley Dursley would pay dearly for this black eye, and if Dudley was lucky, she’d him keep his face.
After she gingerly cleaned it in the bathroom, and gave a him a bag of frozen peas to put over it, she ran out of the house, aiming for the playground.
There, she saw Harry, searching through the trash can outside the fence. She took a deep breath. Dudley wasn’t there. Perhaps Harry could help her with her search. She tried to calm herself, quickly fixed her hair, and walked over to him. “Hey.” She tried to smile at him.
He looked up at her and frowned. “Hey,” he replied, going back to the garbage.
She frowned herself. This is gonna be harder than I thought. “Haven’t seen you in a while. I’ve noticed you’ve gotten taller.”
He said, not even looking up, “I guess that happens after three years.”
She stared at him, concentrating on staying calm. Why does he have to be so stubborn? “Why are you looking in the garbage?”
He stared at her like she was stupid. “Because I want to get some kind of information from newspapers.”
She stared at him. “Why not watch the news?” But she knew the answer before she even asked it. The Dursleys.
He was silent for a while, until finally he realized there was no good newspaper in the can. He got up, wiping his hands on his jeans, and looked at her. “Well, it was nice seeing you again Alexis.”
This got her fuming. “Oh, so now I’m Alexis?” She stared at him angrily. Her dark eyes looked like they could burst into flames at any moment. “I’m Lexi remember? Why don’t you talk to me? I was your first and only friend until you went to that school of yours! Don’t you care about your past anymore?”
He gave her a hard look with those beautiful green eyes. “My whole life now is based upon my past! I’m famous because of my past. Everybody wants to talk to me about my past! And I don’t need that from you either! I need to get rid of my past!”
“I know everything about your past Harry! My first memory is of you! I remember everything from your first night at Privet Drive; from the old man in the dress to the flying motorcycle! I saw it and remember it all! I know exactly what you went through! I even remember all those years of your uncle abusing you and starving you. Don’t you want to get back at Dudley for all that bullying for eleven years? Come on Harry, remember!” She then kicked the trash can with all her might, and then stared at him with such fierceness, he stepped back a bit.
He stared at her in astonishment. “Lexi Palmer, I never imagined…”
“What? That I’d get so much bottled up inside me, yes I suppose that can happen after having three years of being ignored.”
He couldn’t believe his ears. “I’m sorry Lexi.” He then went red. “What can I do?”
She stared at him for a long time, and then did something totally unexpected. She kissed him. They together shared their first kiss. It was quick to an outsider, but to Lexi it seemed like days. She tried to tell him everything through that kiss. When she finally let go she said, “Kick Dudley’s butt for me and my brother.”
She then ran away with tears in her eyes.