Thread: DADA one
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #379 (permalink)
Starbreeze
Dark Force Defense League
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eino Uronen
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Poppen
♛ Certified Pogrebin Hunter ♛ Lucki Minaj ☠ RAH RAH I'M A DUNGEON DRAGON ☠

There were so many things that could be considered dark arts. There was the actual magic performed, dark creatures and beings, dark potions, dark objects, and such, so what would all of those have in common? Eino's hand went up. "I think that one common trait of all dark arts, including curses, potions, objects, beings and creatures is that they are primarily used to harm or their nature and or purpose is to harm. The Killing Curse, for example, is a perfect example of something that can only be used for one purpose and that is to harm. As for creatures there are dementors, which are often used as weapons to harm, but that is really all their natures permit them to do. Potions like the Drink of Despair are intended to make the drinker suffer." Okay, those were enough examples, now back to the main point. "In this case, something that only has the purpose of harming can be considered Dark Magic. However, there are other types of magic which I think can only be defined as dark by how its used. The Slashing Curse (OOC: I am talking about Sectumsempra but it's not officially known as that and I don't want Eino to be familiar with the incantation) is consider dark magic, but I have heard that some people use it to shred parchment and slash fruit into small pieces. Another example is animagi, which is something that isn't considered as dark arts by the ministry but can certainly be used for evil." Most people weren't even registered so who knows what they would do. Why wouldn't they register? Only if they are up to no good. So basically, some things he considered dark arts because all they could do was harm, and others it was subjective. They could be used in different occasions but were still very dangerous. "It is complicated, but that is why we have classes like this." And with that he finally shut up. Jeez, he had never talked so much at once, but he was somehow eager to speak in regards to and against dark magic.