View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #339 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassXRose View Post
Elinor ALLLLMOST couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic when he said he hadn't come here for fun. Then she remembered that Mister Garrettson probably had the wrong idea of the definition of the word. Poor man. Doesn't know an opportunity when he sees one. Or maybe he does, and he's taking it by staying.

"Do mine eyes deceive me?," she squinted at him incredulously. "Are you ENJOYING someone's COMPANY, Nigel?" she asked jokingly, not noticing her casual use of his first name for the first time. "Or are you just THAT GOOD?"

She also just unintentionally backed him into giving a compliment, by her standards at least, unless he really WAS 'that good'. In which case she just made a total fool of herself. But this thought lasted only for a moment. As they moved towards a less chaotic part of the area, she smiled. More to herself, but he was welcome to enjoy the sight. "I'm honored."
In the process of chewing a popcorn kernel or two, Nigel nearly choked as he heard and registered what she said about him. Coughing once to recover from the action, the shopkeeper tried to regain his composure, taking a sip from his drink as he gathered a response.

"Perhaps..." he said finally finding his voice again and leaving it open for interpretation at first. Nigel found himself fighting the urge to allow his sheepishness to show. He couldn't help but wrinkle his nose slightly as she spoke of being honored as if already certain of his opinion. "Perhaps it isn't...totally horrible," he mused quietly taking another bite.

"...just don't let it go to you head," he commented in addition, straight faced as he looked out into the crowd, a faintest bit of amusement in his gaze.