View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #337 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassXRose View Post
Elinor laughed when he declined the entire booth, before turning and requesting two popcorns, salt and butter, and Nigel's butterbeer. She, herself wasn't thirsty, which was good since she'd have to drop it if anything happened. If. After handing over the money, she turned and handed Nigel his popcorn and butterbeer before picking up her own.

"I really probably shouldn't, since I can't forget i'm technically on the job", she told herself outloud as she took a bite of popcorn. "but I can always say it's part of staying inconspicuous," she rationalized before picking up a few more buttered pieces.

She thought for just a second about the popcorn... And how childish it probably seemed to him. Of course, Nigel was pretty skinny, at least by her standards, and probably ate, like, two bites of every meal and was done. BUT he hadn't objected, so there.

"Well, I'm afraid I won't be very much fun, seeing as I can't leave this area of the carnival, and you're certainly under no obligation to stay with me. Carnivals don't come in every day, you know," she said. She really WASN'T much company, at least while at work, and the last thing she wanted to do was take away the few moments of leisure he had.

...But were it up to her, he'd never leave, so THOSE WORDS she never actually said. Nosir. She was simply reminding him that he, being Nigel, did not have to stay around people that weren't his cup of tea. Which, she had gotten the impression, wasn't hardly anyone at all. But at least he was acting like he didn't mind. That made her feel better.
"Thank you," Nigel said simply with a nod as he accepted the box and drink from the woman after she had paid for it. He momentarily tried to decide how best to handle things so he could eat while holding both items, finally setting on holding onto the neck of the bottle with a few fingers while the same hand held the popcorn she he could grab hold of either then he wanted to.

"Yes...You wouldn't want anyone to question your appearance here for a reason thats easily fixed," he nonchallantly agreed as he took a piece of popcorn and popped it into his mouth. "And its alright. Not like I came hear intentionally for fun," the potions maker remarked once he was free. Not to mention for some reason he couldn't think of a reason to leave the woman behind to her duties. Other then not risking interrupting her attentions but even that wasn't strong in his mind.

Besides werent they trained to pay attention to two things at once?

One tall, unobtrusive shopkeeper casually eating popcorn wasn't going to do much harm. One currently casually walking away from the both as the few others in line moved around them. Nigel might not currently mind being with Elinor but that didn't mean he was so comfortable around others. Wait did he just think that?

Was he really comfortable around the woman?