Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #75 (permalink)
Maxilocks
Special Services to the School

SS Featured Author
Türk Bilgini
Bugbear

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sarani Glass
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sion Logan Jetza
x12
♥ Mrs. Itachi Uchiha™ & MAJNOO! : Bleach & Kyo & Natsume ♥ [ Maxh!Jesh ]

Text Cut: Kurumi & Pixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Kurumi felt eyes on her, and not the kind type. She was reminding of the burning sensation she had when Cookie Hater or Sierra were trying to burn a hole in the back of her head.

Only worse...much worse....

Kurumi's head slowly turned and felt a cold shiver go down her spine when she saw the eyes of one of the new professors eyeing her and yet another eyebrow raise. What? Did professors not like cookies or something? Kurumi offered the woman a polite bow.

She might have just found someone who intimidated her more than Professor Lafay.

The Gryffindor had taken to... bowing.

"Prefect Hollingberry," Sarani acknowledged, giving the girl the slightest nod as she set down her goblet.

Text Cut: Rose man.. Pun intended ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_the_Firelady View Post
So, leaving the rather crowded Gryffindor table right after opening the large package before himself and taking the bunch of flowers from inside it, Josh made his way to the Staff Table of course with the well-known Josh-style; full of confidence and charm. And once he approached, the lion boy stopped before the long table with a little but warm smile and looked at everyone at the table in general.

Ah! There were new faces.

''Hello, professors!!!'' then he said, not yelling this time, but loud enough for everyone on the table to hear. He wanted to present a seperate and special greeting to the ladies but since that might have sounded weird after the previous one he decided against it. ''I came to bring my greeting to you all and...surprises for the ladies!''

Yea. He was directly coming to the point and act before Josh Carter was mostly a man of action, not words. Therefore after giving them a new smile he began to...wait!!!

He looked at the people at the table again, from one end to the other. And...Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!! There were more ladies than the amount of his flowers. Now that was a problem which was natural with all the new faces...or...he just had to remember that he was a wizard, even of-age one.

*awkward smile*

''Please, excuse me!'' and with that he turned his back to attempt or just at least pretend to hide what he was going to do. It was impossible not to be noticed doing it with a bunch of flowers, a long wand and so many people. Nevertheless, the boy took his wand out and quickly Geminio-ed some of the flowers to match the amount of ladies. Of course leaving only one red rose.

''Aha! Ready now!'' Hehe. Now he could start, so he did. Starting from the left side of the table he started to drop one white rose on the table for each lady in the order they were sitting in (Hadley, McClane, Schirmer, Glass, Brooks, Bentley, Donovan, Cerulean, Magnus), only passing by Professor Lafay though, for she was not there, till all the white roses were given.

However he could not say that there was also some special issues with the white rose giving; first he had to double take at this new lady (Nixy!) and that one there (Maxilocks) was...like...WOW!! So wow that he might have stared at her a little bir too much before he remembered that he needed to move on. Then there was Professor Magnus. Yet before he could say anything about it, Josh's dark brown eyes went to Lafay's empty seat. What a disappointment.

Better look at somewhere else and greeting the returning professor was a good enough distraction. ''Professor Magnus!''

Still...the red rose for Lafay remained in his hand.

The sole indication that Sarani did not miss the fact that the young man was staring at her, was the slightest twitch of her wand hand. When he placed one of the ridiculous white roses in front of her, she picked it up, holding the stem between a thumb and a forefinger, and arched an eyebrow.

"I hope this isn't one of the duplicated roses, Mr. -" What had Bentley just called him? "Carter. I don't find it pleasant when roses I've been given, disappear." She smiled at the Gryffindor. It was not the nicest smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Don't bite them, Professor. We're trying not to put them into therapy for the rest of their lives so much as possible," Tate gave the professor a measured look.
Sarani gave Tate a sweet smile. "Of course, Headmaster."

See? She was a pleasant person.

Sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymalkin View Post
Erp. Why did she choose this person again? She wondered if her brain had taken a short vacation during the time she had walked up to the professor, "Er, I'm Sarah Oliver," she said, "First year, Slytherin."

Sarah, for the first time in all her eleven years, wanted to run away. This lady had a stare like ice! She would content herself to walk/run away and ask another person on another day. But, Sarah reminded herself, she didn't do that sort of thing. Courage. Right, she had courage.
"Sarani Glass." Sarani said, the fingers of her left hand resting on the table. "I..." Do not like children. "Teach Defense. What is it that you wanted to ask, Miss Oliver?"

See? She could be nice.

Text Cut: Speech
Quote:
Now that the plates and things were once again not acting as a distraction, Tate supposed the time had come for his traditional speech. He regretted doing it without Max present, but the man was late enough. He couldn't wait any longer.

With the air of the martyr, Tate rose from his seat and waited quietly for the students to fall silent. He wasn't going to shout over them, by Merlin. "Good evening, Hogwarts students and faculty," he began once the volume was acceptable. "I want to welcome you to another year at Hogwarts, another year for learning and growing, and another year for taking in as much as you can before we set you loose on the world again in 10 months."

"I apologize for the state of the Great Hall upon your entry. We've all had a busy summer, and if things weren't up to our normal level of excellence, we appreciate the fast actions of our house elves to fix the issues. I hope you will express your gratitude to them when the opportunity appears, and I'm sure we will all enjoy the wonderful dinner they've prepared when it arrives in a few moments." He gave a fixed look at that, implying that whether the students were grateful or NOT, they'd best act it in his presence. Never was a good reason to be rude to those who served.

"As those returning can see, we have a number of new faces up here at the staff table. New faces does not imply naivety, however, and I think you'll find them to be a tough yet fair group. Let's give them the respect they deserve, please. Classes will begin in a few days, and I hope you're looking forward to them." He certainly was, although that was more to the fact that classes gave the students less time to get up to trouble.

"Finally, we have a busy year planned for you, even in addition to classes and homework. I hope you'll keep your eyes on your house bulletin boards and the board in the Entrance Hall for reminders and announcements. Our top point earners from last term should expect their visit to happen in the new few days, so keep an eye out for an owl from the Ministry. And... enjoy your meal!"

He raised a hand in acknowledgment before sliding back into his seat just as the food appeared on each table in the Great Hall. Now see? That was good service.

Speech? Excellent. Especially considering that the various amounts of... children had fallen silent. Sarani brought her hands together to express her approval at Tate's declaration that new faces did not imply naivety, before glancing down at the food.

It looked delicious. Spearing a chicken sausage roll with her fork, Sarani took a bite.

Last edited by Maxilocks; 09-04-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Missed Pixie's post =(