Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #74 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: Harlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommehbell View Post
Harlow nodded happily. So she didn't have to ask to start a garden. She could just plant her things in the student garden. "I even have a garden book." she was telling Professor Bentley all her secrets. Not even her mom knew she had a garden book.

She giggled at her wink. It wasn't ladylike to talk about fertilizer but she was glad the professor had a sense of humor. Well she had given her present and introduced herself just like her mom had told her to do. he gave the professor a little curtsy, "It was so nice to meet you Professor Bentley. I won't delay your dinner anymore." She knew how fast adults could tire of children. And she got a feeling she was going to be spending a lot of time in the gardens so it was best not to wear her welcome out so soon.

Seren was throroughly enjoying talking to Harlow, what a sweet girl! she thought to herself, smiling down at the little snake. Now she would have to make sure her lessons were worthy enough for the students, especially for those like Harlow who were just so enthusiastic and interested in herbology.
"It was a pleasure meeting you too Harlow, I look forward to seeing you again. Enjoy the rest of you're night," she said giving her a little nod of the head. She remembered full well how overwhelming and tiring the start of term feasts were when she was a student. By the end of the night she was just ready to slump into bed, or on the floor or the sofas in the commonroom... whichever was closer and easier to access at the time.

SPOILER!!: Kristin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
The conversation with the Herbology professor only made Stella relax more. maybe there wasn't so much to worry about. It didn't seem like anyone had really had a problem with her accidentally speaking French after all. Plus, it was hard to really be uncomfortable when the professor was smiling that big, and bright. "She did," she confirmed, as the idea that Talia had told her about how Hogwarts worked was brought up. That was a complete fact, even before she'd graduated and they'd agreed to have her move into the flat in London so she could transfer. "I think I'll do okay." She was good at adapting, at least, especially since she'd been looking forward to this practically since she'd started at Beauxbatons.

It seemed like something had interrupted the conversation, though, so Stella had glanced away to let Professor Bentley have her thoughts.

Pulling herself from her thoughts (which were back at her office where little Caltex was rugged up in his basket), she gave Stella a small nod of the head, "It was a pleasure meeting you Miss Gardiner." Meeting new students was always wonderful, and so exciting. But alas... she was hungry, and there still wasn't any food. This was sad.

But finally, since everything had been cleaned, Seren poured herself another pumpkin juice, hopefully this time there would be no crusty old chicken on her challice. And there wasn't. Good.

SPOILER!!: Sarani
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxilocks View Post
Sarani swept past the tables, her dark hair windswept and her spike-heeled boots clicking against the floor.

Hades. The place was full of children.

Sitting down next to the Charms professor, she arched an eyebrow as she caught sight of the Gryffindor prefect giving out what looked like cookies. In quite a few colours, at that.

What next, toffees?

Looking up from her challice, she couldn't help but notice the woman that joined the staff table... sitting herself at Fina and Edvards end. She seemed nice. Of course, she would ahve to wait for a proper introduction, now was hardly the time nor the place.

SPOILER!!: Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy Nienna View Post
Excusing herself from her house table for a moment, the Ravenclaw prefect strode across the Great Hall. Her destination? Why, the staff table of course. There were quite a few new professors there and well she was curious. Even as her steps brought her closer, Ivory was already looking along the seated staff and trying to figure who was teaching what this year. Like what the woman in spiked heels was teaching??? Now it could be said that the brunette was fashion conscious….to an extent. She was a girl after all. But she didn’t usually pay attention to what other people wore…until now that is. Because those boots….they were killer boots. But that was neither here nor there. Her appreciative glance at the footwear most likely illustrated her approval anyway.

Approaching the table, Ivory addressed the staff in general. ”Hello,” she greeted with a friendly smile and a small wave. ”Ivory Erised,” she offered by way of introduction, directing her words to the newer members of the staff. ”Ravenclaw prefect.”

Her slim arm extended behind her to encompass her house table as the corner of her mouth picked up, the dimple on her right cheek peeking into appearance. ”And on behalf of our House,” The Ravenclaw house obviously. ”I just wanted to welcome the new faces and...” she added with a respectful nod to the Headmaster and all the returning professors. ”-Say ‘We’re glad to have you back’ to the old.”

Suddenly, her expression froze on her face. The horror of what she’d just said hitting her like a burlap sack of garden gnomes to the chest.

”I mean…not ‘old’ of course. Just familiar. ” she amended quickly, her eyes large and unblinking.” Because you’re not old. Not that old. I mean…just a little bit. Well….I only meant older than us students…because- you all look GREAT.” she finished lamely a bit red in the face, and just a smidgen of uncontrollable color spreading to the roots of her hair.

Oh well wasn't this just precious!
Seren smiled reassuringly at the Ravenclaw Prefect, such lovely manners, and ... a sense of humour?
"Thank you Miss Erised, the gesture is very much appreciated." She gave her a small wink. There was no need to be embarassed.

SPOILER!!: Bentley's favourite flower boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_the_Firelady View Post
Maybe this was the moment. He was not sure if that had any suitable moments yet somehow it felt like this was the moment when he had happened to glance at the staff table. Well...to be exactly, to a part of it and yes, she must have been there. His eyes could not catch her but she must have been there. Yes. Professor Hadley too. And Madam Donovan.

So, leaving the rather crowded Gryffindor table right after opening the large package before himself and taking the bunch of flowers from inside it, Josh made his way to the Staff Table of course with the well-known Josh-style; full of confidence and charm. And once he approached, the lion boy stopped before the long table with a little but warm smile and looked at everyone at the table in general.

Ah! There were new faces.

''Hello, professors!!!'' then he said, not yelling this time, but loud enough for everyone on the table to hear. He wanted to present a seperate and special greeting to the ladies but since that might have sounded weird after the previous one he decided against it. ''I came to bring my greeting to you all and...surprises for the ladies!''

Yea. He was directly coming to the point and act before Josh Carter was mostly a man of action, not words. Therefore after giving them a new smile he began to...wait!!!

He looked at the people at the table again, from one end to the other. And...Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!! There were more ladies than the amount of his flowers. Now that was a problem which was natural with all the new faces...or...he just had to remember that he was a wizard, even of-age one.

*awkward smile*

''Please, excuse me!'' and with that he turned his back to attempt or just at least pretend to hide what he was going to do. It was impossible not to be noticed doing it with a bunch of flowers, a long wand and so many people. Nevertheless, the boy took his wand out and quickly Geminio-ed some of the flowers to match the amount of ladies. Of course leaving only one red rose.

''Aha! Ready now!'' Hehe. Now he could start, so he did. Starting from the left side of the table he started to drop one white rose on the table for each lady in the order they were sitting in (Hadley, McClane, Schirmer, Glass, Brooks, Bentley, Donovan, Cerulean, Magnus), only passing by Professor Lafay though, for she was not there, till all the white roses were given.

However he could not say that there was also some special issues with the white rose giving; first he had to double take at this new lady (Nixy!) and that one there (Maxilocks) was...like...WOW!! So wow that he might have stared at her a little bir too much before he remembered that he needed to move on. Then there was Professor Magnus. Yet before he could say anything about it, Josh's dark brown eyes went to Lafay's empty seat. What a disappointment.

Better look at somewhere else and greeting the returning professor was a good enough distraction. ''Professor Magnus!''

Still...the red rose for Lafay remained in his hand.

Ahh and here he was! Seren had been wondering when she would be seeing him. Josh Carter... Gryffindor, with lovely charming manners. Well.. she liked the flowers, they always brought a smile to her face, and tonight was no exception.

"Thank you Master Carter",
he had good taste in roses, "It's so good to see you again, I trust you enjoyed your summer?" she asked taking up the white rose and smelling its perfume.

SPOILER!!: Tate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Tate didn't respond right away, but the appearance of the house elves resolved the issue. Clearly their magic was working and they were still passionate about their callings. It was a fluke. He gave Issy a nod to let her know he wasn't holding the indiscretion of others against her. She hadn't spoken against the poor elves.

"It was a joke, Hollingberry. I take the goodies I can get." Some Gryffindors were clever as a Ravenclaw in their school work but somehow were completely lacking in the good humor or interpersonal sense that was often characteristic of their house mates.

He accepted the cookie. "You're welcome. I hope to hear good things about you in terms to come."

"Don't bite them, Professor. We're trying not to put them into therapy for the rest of their lives so much as possible," Tate gave the professor a measured look.

Now that the plates and things were once again not acting as a distraction, Tate supposed the time had come for his traditional speech. He regretted doing it without Max present, but the man was late enough. He couldn't wait any longer.

With the air of the martyr, Tate rose from his seat and waited quietly for the students to fall silent. He wasn't going to shout over them, by Merlin. "Good evening, Hogwarts students and faculty," he began once the volume was acceptable. "I want to welcome you to another year at Hogwarts, another year for learning and growing, and another year for taking in as much as you can before we set you loose on the world again in 10 months."

"I apologize for the state of the Great Hall upon your entry. We've all had a busy summer, and if things weren't up to our normal level of excellence, we appreciate the fast actions of our house elves to fix the issues. I hope you will express your gratitude to them when the opportunity appears, and I'm sure we will all enjoy the wonderful dinner they've prepared when it arrives in a few moments." He gave a fixed look at that, implying that whether the students were grateful or NOT, they'd best act it in his presence. Never was a good reason to be rude to those who served.

"As those returning can see, we have a number of new faces up here at the staff table. New faces does not imply naivety, however, and I think you'll find them to be a tough yet fair group. Let's give them the respect they deserve, please. Classes will begin in a few days, and I hope you're looking forward to them." He certainly was, although that was more to the fact that classes gave the students less time to get up to trouble.

"Finally, we have a busy year planned for you, even in addition to classes and homework. I hope you'll keep your eyes on your house bulletin boards and the board in the Entrance Hall for reminders and announcements. Our top point earners from last term should expect their visit to happen in the new few days, so keep an eye out for an owl from the Ministry. And... enjoy your meal!"

He raised a hand in acknowledgment before sliding back into his seat just as the food appeared on each table in the Great Hall. Now see? That was good service.

And so it was that time again. The infamous Headmasters address. And it didn't disappoint. Tate had that air about him, and watching as the students miraculously fell silent was incredible. Maybe there was a trick to it?

After joining in for the applause at the end, Seren looked down at her plate. And thank Merlin! Food. She was starved, only having realised she skipped lunch. But who needed lunch when you had gardening to do right?

She could hardly wait to start, selecting for herself what appeared to be roast pork, and a selection of oven roast vegetables... now where was the gravy! Finding the gravy boat she took it up and enthusiastically- and perhaps a little too liberally- poured a generous amount of gravy over her meal. Her favourite bit.

..... But maybe that was a mistake? The gravy wasn't right... it... lacked... flavour. Nowhere near as good as the elves usual standard. Sigh.

SPOILER!!: Eino!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreeze View Post
Eino put a halt to his conversation as soon as the headmaster rose and listened to his welcoming attentively, as he did every year. As Headmaster Tate spoke about the staff, Eino scouted through the long horizontal table for his Head of House, who wasn't there, and then for his favorite Professor, Professor Bentley. Needless to say he was more than delighted to see that she was sitting there, and grinning from ear to ear waved at her without thinking twice. He was excited to see the other returning Professors, too, but especially Professor Magnus and Professor Josephina. Sadly, Shaw wasn't there and chances that he would teach this year were very slim, but Eino still had some hope to see him.

He continued to listen and was rather surprised to hear about that Ministry tour that had been mentioned last year. Now he had something else to look forward to, and hopefully he didn't have to wait too long for that. That is, until he remembered who the other students who would be accompanying him were. Sierra Greingoth. He gulped and cautiously looked around the hall but didn't see her anywhere. He couldn't decide whether that made him more or less excited, but it definitely made him nervous. When the headmaster concluded his speech Eino applauded, and waited for the goodies to appear so he could fill his tummy.

After swirling her gravy around her plate... having lost her appetite, Seren looked up to gaze out at the sea of students. Her eyes- as if by instinct- scanned the Ravenclaw table, and caught sight of one of her favourite pupils. Eino. It was good to see him happy, she returned his smile and waved. Even if she wasn't the 'waving type' she would always make an exception for Eino.

Last edited by Hera; 09-04-2011 at 04:11 AM.