Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #62 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Get to it, Hollingberry. Where are the cookies?" He gave her a pointed look, although his tone was light and lacking the usual pointed sarcasm. No reason to jump on the girl when she was baking for them.

"You know I have a preference for oatmeal. Just saying."
Kurumi nearly jumped out of her robes when the Headmaster addressed her. She certainly hadn't been expecting it considering that the man seemed to be preoccupied with...whatever he had just said a little while ago that had been poorly written and the disaster that was the table settings.

"O-O-Oatmeal?" Kurumi squeaked. Her face was one of horror. MERLIN! She had prepared a simple lemon sugar cookie with a gentle buttercream frosting for this evening. The thought of making oatmeal ones never crossed her mind. Kurumi nearly smacked her forehead. She was always making sugar cookies, or some variation of them, for the opening feast. How could she forget the oatmeal?!

End of the term feast. For sure!

"I-I-I'm afraid I did not prepare oatmeal cookies for this evening," she said with a slight frown. Still, the tone of the Headmaster was, surprisingly, light. She picked up the box and held it out for him. "B-But I will keep that in mind for next time."

She fumbled around a bit, not wanting to continue to take up too much of his time as she was sure he was running through his speech that he would be giving soon in his head.

"And...I want to thank you as well, for...allowing me to represent Gryffindor as a prefect." Truth was, Kurumi wasn't too sure that he had a hand in the decision making, but it seemed plausible that the Headmaster would have final say on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"I see." She let the silence grow and then forced herself to smile, having her own thoughts about first impressions. "Well we can work on that, can't we?" Althea's stillness simply made this prefect's fidgeting more obvious.

And yes, it WAS an odd question, but the professor answered obligingly enough. "Not particularly. I try to watch what I eat, Miss Hollingberry." Candy usually was off limits for her.
MEEP?

Kurumi felt awkward and intimidated speaking to the new Charms professor. Weren't they supposed to be...charming? Then again, the intimidation she felt speaking with with the woman in front of her was very VERY different from how she felt speaking with Drago--- Professor Lafay.

"I will certainly try my best."

And NOW Kurumi could breathe easily. Not a fan of chocolate frogs? Not a problem in this Gryffindor's book. Kurumi ought to have explained herself, but all thoughts of doing so were out the window. No chocolate frogs...FANTASTIC!

"I am not a big fan of them myself," she said with small smile. "I am sorry for taking up your time." And asking weird questions. "I hope you enjoy the rest of the feast and perhaps I will stop by your office sometime with a question or two." She actually already had a few formulating in her head, but the woman needed to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisa View Post
Kimber sat, ruminating over the state of Hogwarts, when a soft, familiar voice broke through. Looking at Kurumi, she gave her first smile of the night and sat up straighter in her chair. "Good evening to you, my dear," she said, putting on a happy face for her prefect even though her stomach was starting to rumble.

She tilted her head at the girl's nice words and her smile grew wider. "Miss Hollingberry, your efforts here have proved to me that you deserve every opportunity I have to offer." She was going to say more when she saw the cookie being handed to her.

'What was this?!' she thought, beaming down at the prefect. She opened the cookie quickly and broke off a HUGE piece to shove into her mouth. Thanks to Kurumi, maybe she wouldn't starve before the feast was over. "Mmm *chew* "thank you..." *chew chew* "...so much," she said, covering her mouth so that her food didn't show as she spoke. Then she looked down the table and waved the rest of her treat at Chad in a "want-the-other-half" type gesture.
Kurumi's cheeks were on fire again and she looked at the ground for just a few moments - mostly to make sure that her hair didn't do anything to make her feel even more awkward.

She was suddenly struck with a thought. It was more of a memory from a few terms back when she had been speaking with Professor Zookara in his office. He had mentioned having a conversation with Madam Donovan about Kurumi's family situation, but she was not sure if that had ever happened. Kurumi wasn't sure if she would feel more comfortable with her Head of House knowing this information, or if it would make her more awkward.

Still, Kurumi would most likely need to discuss some research methods with her in the library soon, so perhaps it would be better for her to know?

"I-I can't promise I will be perfect, but I will do my best to make sure that you don't regret making me prefect," she said with a smile and a hair tug.

Kurumi's eyes lit up a bit more as the librarian enjoyed her Gryffindor cookie...and she noticed the wave at someone down the table. Kurumi's eyes followed and her head cocked to the side.

Interesting...very interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Always with baking. "I'm sure they will appreciate that." Fina stated nonchalantly, oblivious to the fact that she should be showing the new Gryffindors to the common room. But it seems the return of Magnus had the Lioness backtracking toward the opposite end of the table. "Nice to see you back then and enjoy the feast." Well as much as could with the filthy silverware and goblets.
Kurumi took Professor Hadley's last words as a polite signal that Kurumi should return to her table, which was probably true.

She bowed again and flashed her a quick smile. "You too, professor." And then she turned around to begin her decent back to the Gryffindor table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMckay View Post
Isabelle was still beaming, and failed to notice that her enthusiasm had shocked the young girl. She could be quite loud when she got excited, maybe that was something she'd need to rein in. Or it could have been lingering hormones. Either way she was happy, and giggled slightly at the colour that had flushed in Kurumi's cheeks. "I'm very proud of you, you know," she whispered, leaning across the table slightly. After all this was one of the school's best students. "No one more deserving, I don't think."

Ohhh, she missed her. Don't tear up, don't tear up. Isabelle smiled warmly and wiped her eye. She wasn't crying though. No. "And I missed you all," she replied. "I was rather busy last year though. You'll have to come to my office, I'll show the picture of my daughter!" Mhmm, she was mighty proud of her. Teaching Transfiguration? "Why yes indeed I am," Issy winked.
Merlin. It was a good thing that Kurumi had been especially calm when they had began their conversation, because her hair would have been some light shade of orange by now from embarrassment - especially when the compliment had been whispered.

Kurumi bowed her head in gratitude.

Daughter? Did that mean she had just had a baby? Kurumi was too shy to ask - especially if she was mistaken. "I will be sure to stop by," she nodded. And her smile brightened even more when her subject was confirmed. "I actually have a few questions for you, so you can expect me to come sooner than later." Kurumi tugged on her robes feeling nervous about the conversation she had been wanting to have for over a year now. There was no way she could have gone to haw about this - the man didn't have office hours for on.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes