Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #61 (permalink)
MeredithRodneyMckay
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Betsy Marin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Anderson MacKenna
Magical Law Enforcement
x7 x6
Default So many replies! xD
Sanctuary Abnormal | HuffRavSlythDor | Guard Badger ♥ | Stargater | Awaiting Culling

SPOILER!!: Kurumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Kurumi nearly tumbled over backwards at the Transfiguration Professor's reaction. She was back to teach the subject, right? No chainsaws or anything this term? Pretty please?

Kurumi DID notice that there were two empty seats at the table, but she was holding out that Mr. Chainsaw and Mr. Viking were not coming back. Shaw hadn't been terrible, class had been insightful and useful...but the man frightened her to little cookie pieces. Then there was Mr. Viking, who she couldn't understand. It had caused her and Sierra to misunderstand an assignment they had been given in class. But, at least that had gotten in some extra practice, right?

Kurumi's cheeks were now the color of two ripe apples. "Thank you," she whispered. The applause really wasn't necessary, but Kurumi appreciated the gesture nonetheless. "I missed you last term, professor." The woman really didn't know the weight behind that statement. "Have you come back to teach...Transfiguration?"

Please say yes please say yes...

Isabelle was still beaming, and failed to notice that her enthusiasm had shocked the young girl. She could be quite loud when she got excited, maybe that was something she'd need to rein in. Or it could have been lingering hormones. Either way she was happy, and giggled slightly at the colour that had flushed in Kurumi's cheeks. "I'm very proud of you, you know," she whispered, leaning across the table slightly. After all this was one of the school's best students. "No one more deserving, I don't think."

Ohhh, she missed her. Don't tear up, don't tear up. Isabelle smiled warmly and wiped her eye. She wasn't crying though. No. "And I missed you all," she replied. "I was rather busy last year though. You'll have to come to my office, I'll show the picture of my daughter!" Mhmm, she was mighty proud of her. Teaching Transfiguration? "Why yes indeed I am," Issy winked.

SPOILER!!: Tatertot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"No. No, no." Tate held up his hand to halt any speculation. They wouldn't be pinning blame on the house elves, who were well treated and content. He made every effort to take care of them, and they did a fantastic job considering the size of the castle and how messy the students were. It was a heckuva job to pick up after a castle full of teenagers.

"They might be ill or having an issue, but I will not have them slandered. They care about their work and would be horrified to know we're speaking ill of them. Perhaps one of you will run down and check on them. See how dinner is coming and maybe... see if one is available to clean the silverware?"

Oh dear, had they said something wrong? Headmaster Tate was doing that talk-to-the-hand thing to hush them up. Issy hadn't meant to speak ill of the house elves - she loved them. They were always so nice and helpful to her whenever she wanted a snack, or, while she was teaching, her classroom cleaned. "Sorry, Headmaster," she said, bowing her head slightly. "As I said, I hope there is nothing wrong."

Go and check? Why yes, of course she ---Oh. Someone had beaten her to it. Isabelle watched the blonde woman she didn't know exit the hall at a quick pace. Well, they'd get answers soon with her walking that speed. Whoever she was.

SPOILER!!: Dash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
"Perhaps they are just on strike then?" He was only joking around of course but even after saying the words he wanted to take them back. House elves didn't go on strike. They lived to serve, and the logical part of his brain did not let him forget that. He picked up his fork which had bits and pieces of dried food attached. "Noting a a good scourgify can't fix." He dropped it back without a second thought. "Pleasure Isabelle. Everett Scabior. History of Magic. But please, call me Dash." Everett. Way to formal.

"It would be very unusual if they were. I've never known it before." Isabelle was far too concerned to notice the hint of joke in the man's voice. Her brows furrowed as she saw more and more bits of dried food stuck to things. Most unusual. "Hmm, of course. Let's hope the older students remember how to do it, and help the younger ones," she smiled. This was happening at all the tables, right? Or were they getting special treatment?

"Nice to meet you, Dash. And do call me Issy, I much prefer it." She grinned again and flicked her wand at her goblet vanishing the tainted pumpkin juice. Suddenly she didn't fancy anything to drink. "I must admit, History of Magic was never one of my best subjects." Keep the conversation away from house elves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pips View Post
Little Pips, the house elf, crept along the staff table with his head down. He was trying his very VERY hardest to clean the cups and spoons and plates and things without attracting the ire of the staff members, but it was unavoidable that he would be noticed. How could one ignore the occasional head-bashing or the dropping of an empty chair on his long elf-foot?

He mumbled to himself. "Pips is being sorry. Pips is punishing himself. No professors is having to eat off dirty things anymore." The elf twitched his bat-like ears.
...Which was going to be harder now one had arrived.

Blonde lady must have got the job done.

"Pips?" Issy spoke quietly so not to make the elf jump. "Thank you. And I do hope things are all right in the kitchens?" Well obviously, something wasn't, but maybe they'd share if she asked?

SPOILER!!: Salander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
His eyes strayed the length of the staff table, there were a lot of new faces... but what bothered this Slytherin the most was the noticeably absent faces of his favorites-- the lovely Healer Morretti and Professor Bishop. So much so that a small panic started to well at the pit of his stomach. They were just late right? Riiiiiiight?

His eyes darted quickly to a voice strangely familiar yet new, at least something he hadnt grown accustomed to from the past term. He blinked a few times before he realized who it was "Professor Magnus!" the Slytherin lad exclaimed as he neared the lady, wanting to make sure his eyes werent playing tricks on him "Your back? I mean, of course your back! I still got that bag we transfigured from the other term-- I'm still using it!" he uttered proudly.

Okay, that made her jump. Good thing Issy didn't have food or drink in her mouth, she would have choked. Actually, not a good thing - she was starving. But now the elves were cleaning up maybe they'd get food soon. Yes?

"Salander! I am back, yes. How observant of you," she winked jokily and adjusted herself in her seat. And his next comment made her smile broadly. It was always so lovely when the kids made good use of the things they transfigured. Made her feel as proud as Salander seemed to be. "That's wonderful! Keeping your Head Boy badge in it sometimes, are we?" Isabelle grinned wider and nodded in the direction of the badge. "Congratulations!"