Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #60 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Default The saga of professor Schirmer, Tate and then the house elves. Also *pets Sal*
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Seren smiled brightly-- when did she not? ...
"Well I'm sure your sister would have filled you in about Hogwarts, so I'm sure you'll feel right at home. I imagine it will take some getting used to though."But if the girl could handle Beauxbaton's then she could certainly handle Hogwarts... even with all the things that went on around here.

*sigh*

A normal year at Hogwarts? She'd never heard of such a thing, and at the same time she didn't want to. Hogwarts was special, and so it was only fitting for things to be a little out of place.
The conversation with the Herbology professor only made Stella relax more. maybe there wasn't so much to worry about. It didn't seem like anyone had really had a problem with her accidentally speaking French after all. Plus, it was hard to really be uncomfortable when the professor was smiling that big, and bright. "She did," she confirmed, as the idea that Talia had told her about how Hogwarts worked was brought up. That was a complete fact, even before she'd graduated and they'd agreed to have her move into the flat in London so she could transfer. "I think I'll do okay." She was good at adapting, at least, especially since she'd been looking forward to this practically since she'd started at Beauxbatons.

It seemed like something had interrupted the conversation, though, so Stella had glanced away to let Professor Bentley have her thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
The sound of a small giggle had brought Fina back to her half of the table though and she realized how much more Maya was missed at the mention of a trend. Because she was sure, had the Mexicana been present, she would have continued the trend with an 'Hola' or something. "Likewise." Had she said that already? Merlin, she shouldn't be so distracted already; term had barely begun. "So you're a transfer then, did I hear? Welcome."
Luckily, it seemed like her earlier giggle had gotten Professor Hadley's attention again, which gave Stella something to focus on while she was letting Professor Bentley think. Although, there was almost a wistfulness to the Arithmancy professor's expression, before she'd replied to the pleasantries. She was curious, but simply nodded to acknowledge the return of the sentiment. Maybe she'd find out what was going on there later. It seemed there was murmurs about professors having left, which might very well have caused that look. Maybe the language talk triggered thoughts of missing professors.

But then the topic of her having transferred came back, and she held back a sigh as she smiled at the professor. "You did hear that, and thank you," she replied, keeping herself calm. Just because she didn't want to be thought of as a transfer didn't make it any less true. Next thing she knew, there was the distraction of one of the other professors just standing up and stalking out of the room, definitely not hard to miss as it had been not far from where she'd been standing. The Charms professor certainly wasn't taking something well, which told her to be careful around the woman. And then she was having to step back the slightest bit, as two house elves had come up and bustled around cleaning the tableware. Glancing back toward her House table, she wondered if that meant the icky silverware thing was over with, before turning back as there was talk of punishment and ironing of ears and her eyes widened as the two elves disappeared. Maybe she should go to her own table soon. If the professors wanted her to. And think about searching out all house elves to prevent injury to any of them.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero