Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:46 AM   #48 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithRodneyMckay View Post
...And just past him, right down the other end of the table, was Fina. The sight made Issy grin. It was nice to know that the person she had gotten to know well when she was last here, was still teaching. She wouldn't feel completely new all over again.
Looking just way past all her colleagues to the other end of the staff table, she caught a grin from the Transfiguration Professor. Oh good; Issy remembered her! Now all they needed was for Maya to return, but alas, that was something Fina doubted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
And then the woman next to Professor Roslund had spoken, and Stella couldn't help but giggle as she'd spoken in Italian. "I hadn't meant to start a trend," she responded with a grin. Now she was curious what other languages people at Hogwarts knew, though, which was dangerous. Curiosity and all... but the woman had continued, and she gave the newly introduced professor a nod. "Nice to meet you Professor Hadley." At least now she knew some of the professors' names before classes started. Although she'd also noticed the headmaster hadn't exactly seemed to be too welcoming, at least to her and the other girl who had walked over to speak with the staff. Maybe it was just because of all the rumors, the dirty dishes and all that. She hoped that was the case.
The sound of a small giggle had brought Fina back to her half of the table though and she realized how much more Maya was missed at the mention of a trend. Because she was sure, had the Mexicana been present, she would have continued the trend with an 'Hola' or something. "Likewise." Had she said that already? Merlin, she shouldn't be so distracted already; term had barely begun. "So you're a transfer then, did I hear? Welcome."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Perhaps Kurumi would try her hand at using numbers in the situation as well. Just ignore that she didn't know which numbers she should look at or whose. Maybe she could find Twinkle if she went to the kitchens right after the feast? She could probably pass the first years off to Jai for a little with the excuse that she needed to get some things from the kitchen for their welcoming party.

Her attention was back at Professor Hadley for now. "I think I will take a trip to the kitchens after the feast, just in case," she said with a slight nod. "The house elves have always been very kind to me, allowing me to bake cookies in their kitchen." That, and she had a little gift for Twinkle she had bought in New York.
Always with baking. "I'm sure they will appreciate that." Fina stated nonchalantly, oblivious to the fact that she should be showing the new Gryffindors to the common room. But it seems the return of Magnus had the Lioness backtracking toward the opposite end of the table. "Nice to see you back then and enjoy the feast." Well as much as could with the filthy silverware and goblets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Sure. Had to force Cari to take time off this summer, but we got our vacation time. We have a hard time agreeing on a place to visit. She wants to do things and visit places, and I want to do nothing and visit no one. Apparently..." He dropped his voice. "Apparently marriage is about compromise. Did you know that?"
Fina smiled at the marriage comment. She knew that, somewhat, which was also why she preferred prolonging it as much as possible. "Unfortunate thing to realize once you're already married, isn't it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Her eyes tightened slightly and Althea regarded the Arithmancy professor coolly. "So you all keep saying."

She looked out over the hall, eyes flicking over each of the tables and stopping at her own former seat. As a student she'd been a Ravenclaw, but it was strange, right then, she couldn't drum up any particular loyalty or fondness. She supposed she'd wait and see how the students showed themselves.

"...perhaps you would show me and I might judge for myself." She looked at Josephina again, her tone slightly clipped but still carefully polite. "Why would you have mentioned it if you were so worried about 'pretending it doesn't exist'?" She asked quietly. Simply, she'd like to know what was what, so she could mentally put it to rest herself.
... Of course Althea would want to see the article. "It's not me who is worried about it's existence..." Or not. Regardless though, "Of course I don't mind though sharing it if you truly are curious as to its contents." Lies and slander in newsprint. Should Thea have been so surprised though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"They might be ill or having an issue, but I will not have them slandered. They care about their work and would be horrified to know we're speaking ill of them. Perhaps one of you will run down and check on them. See how dinner is coming and maybe... see if one is available to clean the silverware?"
Hearing the Headmaster speak up on the house elf issue, Fina was about to volunteer to run down to the kitchens, but it seemed someone else had already took the initiative on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
"I shall. I remember the way quite well." Althea stood up, her chair staying remarkably silent as it scraped out behind her. She looked out at the students again, and then with a final cursory glance at her colleagues, Professor Schirmer marched from the hall, to find an elf.
Shame too, as she was looking forward to sliding up to office quickly as it seemed she had left the article on her desk. She'd have to find some other excuse to leave the Hall then, lest Althea wait until after the feast to read the article. Not that there would be any harm in that, since an earlier read might put a damper on the rest of her first feast back at Hogwarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy! View Post
Beth looked up and across the table as she heard an old nickname; one she'd not heard in YEARS. Bethy. The only people who called her that were her fellow Hufflepuffs.

With a bemused eyebrow raised, Beth couldn't believe it. "Josephina?" She grinned at the woman's statement. "And I had no idea that you were already back! What do you teach?" Granted, Beth hadn't talked to Josephina since they were at school, but that was besides the point. Hogwarts was talking point of the Profit often enough, you'd have thought that Beth would've heard Josephina's name crop up... Or maybe she just didn't make the connection without the face. Eh.

Was talking loudly across several other professors the norm among the professors these days? ... It seemed a bit rude. But it was nice to see a familiar face.
Hearing her name in a surprised tone, Fina glanced down and was pleased to see that her little Puff had remembered her. Though the woman was only a younger than her, she was still her 'little Puff'. Heh. "This will be my fifth year now back. Arithmancy, of course!" That shouldn't really have come as a surprise though.

As there were several chairs between them - including the Headmaster - Fina decided it'd be best to cease their conversation for now. But it was still nice to see another familiar face amongst the staff. "We shall have to catch up later!" That wasn't really a question, but a request of course. Mandated, slightly, even. Finding out what her former housemate was up to since she graduated and all.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.