Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
"Merlin, don't even mention that blasted article," Tate had given up standing over the Sorting Hat and retired to his seat, only to discover that the conversation was nearly as unpleasant as the dim glass of mead sitting by his tarnished plate. The normally honey brown liquid was grayish, and he banished the whole thing back to the kitchen. He'd rather be thirsty than see good mead ruined. Ugh.

Tate eyed the students with distraction before turning back to the table. "I thought about demanding a retraction after the tripe they published, but they don't seem particularly concerned with the truth. Let's pretend the whole thing doesn't exist."
Seren wasn't surprised at Tates reaction. Of course he wouldn't be pleased. Those flobberworms at the Prophet were out of line! and the high staff turn over rate had nothing to do with him nor the students nor Hogwarts itself... it's just the way it had always been. Though of course, she couldn't imagine herself leaving any time soon. Not unless something drastic happened to change her mind.

She didn't comment, rather she just smiled, hoping some of her good mood would be infectious enough to make its way down the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"I spent a rather busy summer myself," Kurumi smiled in return. "Studied abroad for most of it actually. It was my first trip to America, and I felt absolutely overwhelmed at everything. I didn't realize that everything was so big there."

Like when she had gone to the movies and ordered a popcorn that she swore she could have climbed inside and hid in.
Seren couldn't help but feel slightly jealous of the Gryffindor Prefect, then again two weeks in Australia wasn't all that bad.
"America! how exciting, I'm sure you learned a lot on you trip. There's nothing quite like observing another culture... it always manages to open your eyes to one thing or another."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy! View Post
Beth was terrified. These were just the nerves that came with a new job, right? Yes. Yes, that was what they were. She made her way into the Great Hall, hoping that she wasn't going to have to walk through all the students to get to the Staff Table. The Great Hall hadn't changed at all since her days at Hogwarts. The students seemed more cheerful and... lively, but that could also just be a change of perspective.

As she got to the staff table, she saw that there were already a good number of professors were already seated: including Headmaster Tate.

Oops.

Perhaps she should have left the Hospital Wing earlier ...

The tiny Healer offered the Headmaster a small smile as she made her way to her seat. The staff did still sit in subject order, didn't they? Well... it seemed so. She sat down inbetween the Groundskeeper and the Herbology professors, and the first thing she went to do is pick up her goblet to fill it with some pumpkin juice.

Oh. Eww... This is filthy.

Had Hogwarts given up on the House Elves? With a slight look of disgust on her face, the Healer put the cup back down. She'd rather go without the drink....

Oohh another new colleague! This was her lucky day! Between Dash and this.... lovely woman she would be thoroughly entertained.
"They're disgusting aren't they," she commented, again eyeying her own challice which she left sitting on the table. She almost wasn't hungry anymore. "It's usually not like this."

Blah! she was being so rude. Seren shook her head lightly.
"So sorry, I'm Seren Bentley, Herbology Professor," she said introducing herself with a bright smile.