Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Kurumi noticed Headmaster Tate looking, well, not exactly happy to be there and mumbling something about...something. She hadn't entirely caught it, but she figured now was not exactly the best time for her to try and speak with him. Granted, she really just wanted to thank him for giving her the opportunity of being a prefect, well...approving her anyway. It worked that way, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
"I'm sure you will," she replied offering the fourth year an encouraging smile.
Mm those cookies looked delicious... and there was no food yet... It wouldn't be too naughty to have one would it?

Huh?

"Summer?... Oh yes! A brilliant summer, very busy, but that's just the way I like it."
Though she could have done without the pep-talk from her mother, honestly, she was a grown woman and could do what she liked with her life.
"I trust you enjoyed yours?"
What student didn't enjoy their holidays?... silly question really.
"I spent a rather busy summer myself," Kurumi smiled in return. "Studied abroad for most of it actually. It was my first trip to America, and I felt absolutely overwhelmed at everything. I didn't realize that everything was so big there."

Like when she had gone to the movies and ordered a popcorn that she swore she could have climbed inside and hid in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post

"Good Evening." If they were repeating themselves. Thea didn't draw any more attention to the repetition than that. "Althea Schirmer. Charms."

After a second, she smiled. See? Nice professor. Just reserved.

and judging you
Charms? Kurumi's head quickly scanned the table only to have it confirmed that the Charms professor that had given her chocolate frog nightmares was indeed missing. She hadn't thought that he would be leaving, but this hopefully ensured that her nightmares would be coming to an end soon.

"Nice to meet you, Professor Schirmer," Kurumi said, slowing down slightly on the pronunciation of her last name. Had she said that right? She hoped she had. It seemed that she wasn't exactly making the best first impression here either. "I am afraid that Charms is not my best subject, but I do enjoy it." She fidgeted with the sleeve of her robe for a moment. "Professor, this might come as an odd question but...do you like chocolate frogs?"

The answer really could make or break just how uneasy she appeared during her first lesson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Turning back towards the Gryffindor, she smiled at how the girl seemed flushed with embarrassment. She would do great though, Fina had little doubt. "Of course," she nodded, as the girl went on about how numbers foreshadowed this. "I'm not surprised. Numbers do give off quite a bit more accurate information than some people want to believe." It was a lot more truthful than those crystal balls, that was for sure.
Kurumi nodded. Yep, number made a lot more sense. Always constant, always nice and rounded. Unless you were writing the number 1 or 7, those always were a little stiff. 4 as well really. They all had rather harsh angles. "I wonder if perhaps numbers could help solve what happened with the silverware," Kurumi said wrinkling her nose. "Are the house elves alright?" She had a slight wibble now. She sure hoped that nothing bad had happened to Twinkle.

Worst of all...what if the kitchens were off limits?! That would mean an entire term without baking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
Had he done something wrong? He didn't think he had. Everett watched as the student who had come up to the table bowed her head.

Maybe she was just odd?
She was getting more odd looks now. Or was she the one giving them? Either way, the man probably thought that Kurumi was a first year by the way she was behaving.

She ought to fix this.

Slowly, Kurumi walked over to him and tried not to smile too sheepishly.

"Good evening, professor," she said slowly. "I am Kurumi Hollingberry. Gryffindor forth year."

There. No more strange stares now please!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 09-02-2011 at 01:22 PM.