View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
LoonyLupin99
Hufflepuff
Dugbog

quill The Beginning of the End

"All we are is everything that's right."
-OneRepublic

June 1997

Dumbledore had been killed tonight, by none other than our supposed “spy”, Severus Snape. All of us were taking it rather hard. Dumbledore was known as the greatest Headmaster that Hogwarts had ever seen. In other news, Remus Lupin was still being stubborn with me any time I tried to bring us up in conversation. I was being plagued by depression thanks to him. After the battle in the Hogwarts Astronomy tower, many were injured. While I visited the hospital wing, Fleur Delacour had unknowingly heightened my feelings again. Her fiancé, Bill Weasley, was maimed in the face by Fenrir Greyback (the same werewolf that bit Remus!). Bill wouldn’t become a werewolf (Isn’t he lucky!), but he’d gained some “wolfish characteristics”. Fleur proclaimed that she was still going to marry him despite this. I chose this time to plead with Remus in front of them (If Fleur can still love Bill, then why can’t Remus still love me?), but he wouldn’t hear any of it. He showed much less emotion than when I kissed him last year. However, Molly and Arthur Weasley came to my defense. Professor McGonagall also spoke up. I’ll never forget what she said: “Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, pg. 624).” I thought that might be enough to persuade Remus, but at the same time, I just assumed that his mind had been made up long ago, so I kept silent. He’d put up a wall where nobody could get through to him.

When we left the hospital wing, I marched out of the castle, roaming the grounds, past the Hogwarts boundaries, to Apparate home. Back in my neighborhood, I could think a little more clearly. He said he was in love with me. Seconds later, he gave me reasons for not wanting us to be together. Why did he have to confuse me all this time? And why, WHY, did he literally hurt because of it? It would’ve been easier to handle if he didn’t love me back! I stopped thinking of Remus when I heard other footsteps behind me. One of the Death Eaters must have followed me here. I reached for my wand, ready to go into Auror mode.

It was no dark witch or wizard coming towards me.

It was Remus. Did I mention what perfect timing he has?

I opened my mouth to take my frustration out on him. Instead, he gently raised a finger to my lips and took my hand in his. He was letting the wall down, and fast. “Let me speak, please. It’s obvious that I haven’t been fair to you. You were more than willing to take me as I am, but I felt like I didn’t deserve love. I pushed you away so unnecessarily. Molly, Arthur and Minerva were right. We need to be together. For Dumbledore’s sake. For your sake. For my sake.” He didn’t give me time to respond, pulling me in for an intense kiss. I don’t remember how long it was. All I knew was that I had just begun arranging my downfall. And I didn’t care.

Last edited by LoonyLupin99; 11-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.