View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:05 AM   #326 (permalink)
GlassXRose
Ravenclaw

I Snuggle Werewuffs!
Love Potioneer
Moke

Ministry RPG Name:
Elinor Danvers

|Who's On First? | Challenge Accepted.| | :Ink For Blood: | Team SUITS!|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
As she seemed unbelieving of his permission given to her, Nigel briefly wondered if he had made a big mistake in giving it to her. He listened to Elinor go over the list of availiable options, giving some relief when some of the more...unsavory items were knocked off the choices by the woman herself.

Popcorn...popcorn wasn't too bad.

And he'd certainly be careful about the kernals. At her further question, he thought it over for a moment, nearly coughing as she extended her offer ridiculusly. Now where did that come from...did he look like he needed to eat more?

"No that wouldn't be necessary," he assured her when she offered the whole booth to him. "Popcorn...with both. And a butterbeer is fine," the shopkeeper said finally answering her questions. Might as well go all in even just this once.
Elinor laughed when he declined the entire booth, before turning and requesting two popcorns, salt and butter, and Nigel's butterbeer. She, herself wasn't thirsty, which was good since she'd have to drop it if anything happened. If. After handing over the money, she turned and handed Nigel his popcorn and butterbeer before picking up her own.

"I really probably shouldn't, since I can't forget i'm technically on the job", she told herself outloud as she took a bite of popcorn. "but I can always say it's part of staying inconspicuous," she rationalized before picking up a few more buttered pieces.

She thought for just a second about the popcorn... And how childish it probably seemed to him. Of course, Nigel was pretty skinny, at least by her standards, and probably ate, like, two bites of every meal and was done. BUT he hadn't objected, so there.

"Well, I'm afraid I won't be very much fun, seeing as I can't leave this area of the carnival, and you're certainly under no obligation to stay with me. Carnivals don't come in every day, you know," she said. She really WASN'T much company, at least while at work, and the last thing she wanted to do was take away the few moments of leisure he had.

...But were it up to her, he'd never leave, so THOSE WORDS she never actually said. Nosir. She was simply reminding him that he, being Nigel, did not have to stay around people that weren't his cup of tea. Which, she had gotten the impression, wasn't hardly anyone at all. But at least he was acting like he didn't mind. That made her feel better.