View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
puddingplease
Ravenclaw
Murtlap

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Briley Featherlace
First Year

Rating: 10/10
Review: This book is a win. Oh, there's so much to talk about... The escape from the Dursleys, the gallivanting across Europe trying to hide and find horcruxes, the return to Hogwarts.... Mainly when I think of this book, however, I think about the battle. It is quite an amazing literary feat, I must say. This book really shows the climax of characters as well as the climax to this series. So many characters grow into such beautiful people. We see with Luna, a quiet, easily-ignored person with strange views demand to be heard. Her confidence takes over and she ends up being quite the lifesaver in finding one of the last horcruxes. We see with Snape, a man who was consumed with "hatred" for Harry actually show his love--we see him caring for Harry almost more than Dumbledore. We see Molly Weasley stand up for her family and destroy Bellatrix Lestrange. We see McGonagall stand up to another teacher, defending her students, defending her castle and taking charge. We see Ron and Hermione grow together--finally tolerate each other, then finally find love. We see Neville Longbottom constantly growing until HE is the one that stands up to Lord Voldemort when no one else does. We see Malfoy regretting his dark choices, wanting to be on the good side. We see Narcissa willing to betray the Dark Lord to protect her son. We see Ginny stand up for Harry and continue on with Dumbledore's Army (along with Neville), even after Harry has left. Skipping many other relationships... we see Harry grow. He finally understands what must happen and faces death head on, fully willing to give up his life to save the rest of his world. The characters in this book truly make it great and worthwhile. This was quite a marvelous end to the perfect series.
puddingplease is offline   Reply With Quote